anna letitia barbauld Quotes
Anna Letitia Barbauld Quotes
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Child of mortality, whence comest thou? Why is thy countenance sad, and why are thine eyes red with weeping?
- OH! hear a pensive captive's prayer, For liberty that sighs ; And never let thine heart be shut Against the prisoner's cries.
- If e'er thy breast with freedom glow'd, And spurn'd a tyrant's chain, Let not thy strong oppressive force A free-born mouse detain.
- The chearful light, the vital air, Are blessings widely given ; Let nature's commoners enjoy The common gifts of heaven.
- Man is the nobler growth our realms supply, And souls are ripened in our northern sky.
- This dead of midnight is the noon of thought, And Wisdom mounts her zenith with the stars.
- It is to hope, though hope were lost.
- Life! we've been long together Through pleasant and through cloudy weather; 'T is hard to part when friends are dear,- Perhaps 't will cost a sigh, a tear; Then steal away, give little warning, Choose thine own time; Say not 'Good night,' but in some brighter clime Bid me 'Good morning.'
- So fades a summer cloud away; So sinks the gale when storms are o'er; So gently shuts the eye of day; So dies a wave along the shore.
anna letitia barbauld
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net