bernard of clairvaux Quotes
Bernard of Clairvaux Quotes
Read how to open files in File Open Database.
bernard of clairvaux life timeline
|Bernard of Clairvaux preaches his famous sermon in a field at Vezelay, urging the necessity of a Second Crusade. Louis VII is present, and joins the Crusade.||Sunday, March 31st, 1146|
- Non est jam dicere, 'Ut populus, sic sacerdos'; quia nec si populus, ut sacerdos.
- Qui se sibi magistrum constituit, stulto se discipulum subdit.
- Experto crede: aliquid amplius invenies in silvis, quam in libris. Ligna et lapides docebunt te, quod a magistris audire non possis.
- Vulgo dicitur: Quod non videt oculus, cor non dolet.
- Qui me amat, amat et canem meam.
- Ego addo et de pertinacia Gr?corum, qui nobiscum sunt, et nobiscum non sunt, juncti fide, pace divisi, quanquam et in fide ipsa claudicaverint a semitis rectis.
- Inter faeces et urinam nascimur, from ...et quid de nobis, fratres, qui inter faeces et urinam nascimur...
- It is difficult now to look back across the centuries and appreciate the tremendous impact of his personality on all who knew him. The fire of his eloquence has been quenched in the written words that survive. As a theologian and a controversialist he now appears rigid and a little crude and unkind. But from the day in 1115 when, at the age of twenty-five, he was appointed Abbot of Clairvaux, till his death nearly forty years later he was the dominant influence in the religious and political life of western Europe.
bernard of clairvaux
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net