charles mackay Quotes
Charles Mackay Quotes
Read about file extension history in file extension history DB.
- Every age has its peculiar folly: Some scheme, project, or fantasy into which it plunges, spurred on by the love of gain, the necessity of excitement, or the force of imitation.
- Cleon hath a million acres,-ne'er a one have I; Cleon dwelleth in a palace,-in a cottage I.
- But the sunshine aye shall light the sky, As round and round we run; And the truth shall ever come uppermost, And justice shall be done.
- Aid the dawning, tongue and pen; Aid it, hopes of honest men!
- Some love to roam o'er the dark sea's foam, Where the shrill winds whistle free.
- There's a good time coming, boys! A good time coming.
- Cannon-balls may aid the truth But thought's a weapon stronger; We'll win our battles by its aid, Wait a little longer.
- The smallest effort is not lost, Each wavelet on the ocean tost Aids in the ebb-tide or the flow; Each rain-drop makes some floweret blow; Each struggle lessens human woe.
- Old Tubal Cain was a man of might In the days when earth was young.
- The king can drink the best of wine- So can I; And has enough when he would dine- So have I; And can not order rain or shine- Nor can I. Then where's the difference-let me see- Betwixt my lord the king and me?
- If happy I and wretched he, Perhaps the king would change with me.
- Works by Charles Mackay at Project Gutenberg
- Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds online
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net