christopher hampton Quotes
Christopher Hampton Quotes
Read how to open files in File Open Database.
- To seduce a woman famous for strict morals, religious fervour and the happiness of her marriage: what could possibly be more prestigious?
- I became a virtuoso of deceit. It wasn't pleasure I was after, it was knowledge. I consulted the strictest moralists to learn how to appear, philosophers to find out what to think and novelists to see what I could get away with. And, in the end, I distilled everything down to one wonderfully simple principle: win or die.
- I think there's something degrading about having a husband for a rival. It's humiliating if you fail and commonplace if you succeed.
- Asking a working writer what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp-post what it feels about dogs.
- I always divide people into two groups. Those who live by what they know to be a lie, and those who live by what they believe, falsely, to be the truth.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net