Devo QuotesBirth Date: 1959-09-20 (Sunday, September 20th, 1959)
Date of Death: 1217-09-10 (Sunday, September 10th, 1217)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
devo life timeline
|Battle of Great Torrington, Devonthe last major battle of the first English Civil War.||Friday, February 16th, 1646|
|The Devil s Footprints mysteriously appear in southern Devon.||Thursday, February 8th, 1855|
|The Cornwall Railway opens across the Royal Albert Bridge linking the counties of Devon and Cornwall in England.||Wednesday, May 4th, 1859|
|Rockefeller Foundation: J.D. Rockefeller Jr. announces his retirement from managing his businesses so that he could devote full time to being a philanthropist.||Thursday, March 3rd, 1910|
|The United Kingdom s House of Commons passes the Home Rule Act for devolution in Ireland.||Monday, May 25th, 1914|
|Devon, United Kingdom A flashflood drenches the town of Lynmouth, killing 34 people.||Friday, August 15th, 1952|
|Prince Rainier III of Monaco revises the principality s constitution, devolving some of his power to advisory and legislative councils.||Friday, December 7th, 1962|
|The new Ivybridge railway station, costing ?380,000, opens in the town of Ivybridge, Devon, England.||Friday, July 15th, 1994|
|After a nationwide referendum, Scotland votes to establish a devolved parliament, within the United Kingdom.||Thursday, September 11th, 1997|
|The Scottish Parliament is officially opened by Queen Elizabeth on the day powers are officially transferred from the old Scottish Office in London to the new devolved Scottish Executive in Edinburgh.||Thursday, July 1st, 1999|
|The United Kingdom devolves political power in Northern Ireland to the Northern Ireland Executive.||Thursday, December 2nd, 1999|
|The strongest storm in the United Kingdom in 17 years kills 14 people, Germany sees the worst storm since 1999 with 13 deaths. Hurricane Kyrill, causes at least 44 deaths across 20 countries in Western Europe. Other losses include the Container Ship MSC Napoli destroyed by the storm off the coast of Devon, England.||Thursday, January 18th, 2007|
- God made Man, but he used a monkey to do it
- Are we not men? We are DEVO!
- You're a victim of collision on the open sea / And Buddy no one said life was free.
- Freedom of choice is what you got / freedom from choice is what you want.
- None of you would help me when I baked my bread / Now all of you would help me eat it / I can see that you are very well fed / This indicates that you don't need it.
- The way that we weren't is what we'll become.
- Laugh if you want to / Or say you don't care / If you cannot see it / You think it's not there / It doesn't work that way.
- Beautiful mutants I can see in the distance / I think they're calling our name.
- You only punch yourself out when you start swinging blind.
- Besides, God isn't dead / He's in your head / Right where he ought to be.
- Like the Bible, devolution is basically an extended joke. One man's doughnut is another man's death.
- People accuse us of trying to be glamorous! We don't wear these because we like them. We have to! They're protective gear.
- We're sucking the gooey cellulite from modern music. Reductive synthesis. We do it all for you.
- (On performing) We do this because we have to. Do we look like we're having fun?
- We do give straight answers, but nobody believes them.
- We were taking our inspiration from the high and the low; the biggest ideas, and the dumbest ideas.
- Being in a band is really great when you're 20. When you're 30, it's kind of 'Spinal Tap,' and when you're 40, it's just pathetic.
- We've been called a 'no-hit wonder.' We don't care.
- We denounce this as impostors playing with fire.
- 1: Be like your ancestors or be different, it doesn't matter.
- 2: Lay a million eggs or give birth to one, so shall your species survive.
- 3: Wear gaudy colors or avoid display, it's all the same.
- 4: We must repeat!
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On September 20th||Who Also Died On September 10th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net