dr. joyce brothers Quotes
Dr. Joyce Brothers Quotes
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Marriage is not just spiritual communion and passionate embraces; marriage is also three meals a day, sharing the workload and remembering to carry out the trash.
- Anger repressed can poison a relationship as surely as the cruelest words.
- I don't give advice. I can't tell anybody what to do. Instead I say this is what we know about this problem at this time. And here are the consequences of these actions.
- In each of us are places where we have never gone. Only by pressing the limits do you ever find them.
- When you look at your life the greatest happinesses are family happinesses.
- When you come right down to it, the secret of having it all is loving it all.
- No matter how much pressure you feel at work, if you could find ways to relax for at least five minutes every hour, you'd be more productive.
- We control fifty percent of a relationship. We influence one hundred percent of it.
- If Shakespeare had to go on an author tour to promote Romeo and Juliet, he never would have written Macbeth.
- The best proof of love is trust.
- Before your dreams can come true, you have to have those dreams.
- Love comes when manipulation stops; when you think more about the other person than about his or her reactions to you. When you dare to reveal yourself fully. When you dare to be vulnerable.
- Being taken for granted can be a compliment. It means that you've become a comfortable, trusted element in another person's life.
- Credit buying is much like being drunk. The buzz happens immediately and gives you a lift... The hangover comes the day after.
- No matter how love-sick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along.
- The world at large does not judge us by who we are and what we know; it judges us by what we have.
- Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success.
- The person interested in success has to learn to view failure as a healthy, inevitable part of the process of getting to the top.
- An individual's self-concept is the core of his personality. It affects every aspect of human behavior: the ability to learn, the capacity to grow and change. A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success in life.
- Those who have easy, cheerful attitudes tend to be happier than those with less pleasant temperaments, regardless of money, 'making it', or success.
- Accept that all of us can be hurt, that all of us can - and surely will at times - fail. Other vulnerabilities, like being embarrassed or risking love, can be terrifying, too. I think we should follow a simple rule: if we can take the worst, take the risk.
- Listening, not imitation, may be the sincerest form of flattery.
- If your energy is as boundless as your ambition, total commitment may be a way of life you should seriously consider.
- Strong families use the word 'we' a lot, but 'I' is never forgotten. Family members know they have the freedom to go off on their own, even if the direction is one that 'we' have never followed before. The family message is, 'We're behind you, so you can be you.'
- While parents are naturally in a leadership role, strong families strive to share decision-making. They resolve differences by respecting other viewpoints and accepting compromise solutions.
- In strong families, positive strokes out-number negative broadsides by a wide margin. Members regularly express appreciation: 'Thanks for fixing the drainpipe.' 'You look so nice in that dress.' 'The dinner was great.' Criticism is offered gently. After all, strong families figure, if we can be kind to strangers, why not to one another?
- Strong families value their extended family, particularly grandparents. In one study of college students, a majority thought their interactions with grandparents reflected high family strengths. It's important to create continuity between generations, passing along traditions and making roots ever stronger, so the tree continues to reach for the sun.
- Religious belief, trust, a sense of connection to the universe - no matter what you call it, there is a spiritual component to strong families. They see their lives as imbued with purpose, reflected in the things they do for one another and the community. Small problems provide a chance to grow; large ones are a lesson in courage. A mother whose son died of a brain tumor bravely returned to the hospital where he had died in order to set up a research fund. When she saw the parents of children who currently were suffering, she told her son's doctor: 'If any research you do produces any advance, my son's passing won't have been totally without purpose.' It takes a certain type of spiritual grace to see beyond one's own misery to the needs of others. Strong families try to live so they can look outward - and inward - every single day.
- Don't fool yourself that you are going to have it all. You are not. Psychologically, having it all is not even a valid concept. The marvelous thing about human beings is that we are perpetually reaching for the stars. The more we have, the more we want. And for this reason, we never have it all.
- Trust your hunches... Hunches are usually based on facts filed away just below the conscious level. Warning! Do not confuse your hunches with wishful thinking. This is the road to disaster.
dr. joyce brothers
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net