earl long Quotes
Earl Long Quotes
Read about file extension history in file extension history DB.
earl long life timeline
|Governor of Louisiana Earl K. Long is committed to a state mental hospital; he responds by having the hospital s director fired and replaced with a crony who proceeds to proclaim him perfectly sane.||Thursday, June 18th, 1959|
|Vietnam War: Eleven men comprising a Long Range Patrol team from F Company, 58th Infantry, 101st Airborne are surrounded and nearly wiped out by North Vietnamese army regulars from the 4th and 5th Regiment. The seven wounded survivors are rescued after several hours by an impromptu force made of other men from their unit.||Wednesday, November 20th, 1968|
|In Pakistan, Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh along with three other suspects are charged with murder for their part in the kidnapping and killing of Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl.||Thursday, March 21st, 2002|
|Ayatollah Sayed Mohammed Baqir al-Hakim, the Shia Muslim leader in Iraq, is assassinated in a terrorist bombing, along with nearly 100 worshippers as they leave a mosque in Najaf.||Friday, August 29th, 2003|
- 'Don't write anything you can phone. Don't phone anything you can talk. Don't talk anything you can whisper. Don't whisper anything you can smile. Don't smile anything you can nod. Don't nod anything you can wink.'
- 'I can make them voting machines sing Home Sweet Home.'
- 'If you're with me in the first primary, you get jobs. If you're with me in the second primary, you get good government.'
- 'Someday Louisiana is going to get good government. And they ain't gonna like it.'
- 'Judge Kennon has perfectly good ears. He can stand in a courthouse in Opelousas and hear a dollar bill drop in Ville Platte.'
- 'If you ever want to hide something from (Louisiana attorney general) Jack Gremillion, put it in a law book.'
- 'I'm not nuts. If I'm nuts, I've been nuts my whole life.'
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net