Evans QuotesBirth Date: 1881-09-26 (Monday, September 26th, 1881)
Date of Death: 1980-09-15 (Monday, September 15th, 1980)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
evans life timeline
|John Tunstall is murdered by outlaw Jessie Evans, sparking the Lincoln County War in Lincoln County, New Mexico.||Monday, February 18th, 1878|
|The first American automobile race takes place over the 54 miles from Chicago s Jackson Park to Evanston, Illinois. Frank Duryea wins in approximately 10 hours.||Thursday, November 28th, 1895|
|Sir Arthur Evans purchases the land around the ruins of Knossos, the largest Bronze Age archaeological site on Crete.||Friday, March 16th, 1900|
|Glenville Shootout: In Cleveland, Ohio, a violent shootout between a Black Militant organization led by Ahmed Evans and the Cleveland Police Department occurred. During the shootout, a riot began that lasted for five days.||Tuesday, July 23rd, 1968|
|Melbourne-Evans collision: Off the coast of South Vietnam, the Australian aircraft carrier HMAS Melbourne cuts the U.S. Navy destroyer USS Frank E. Evans in half.||Tuesday, June 3rd, 1969|
|Apollo program: The last manned lunar flight, Apollo 17, crewed by Eugene Cernan, Ron Evans and Harrison Schmitt, returns to Earth.||Tuesday, December 19th, 1972|
|A DC-3 aircraft chartered from the Indianapolis-based National Jet crashes near Evansville Regional Airport, killing 29, including the University of Evansville basketball team, support staff and boosters of the team.||Tuesday, December 13th, 1977|
|Gay rights: The Supreme Court of the United States rules in Romer v. Evans against a law that would have prevented any city, town or county in the state of Colorado from taking any legislative, executive, or judicial action to protect the rights of gays and lesbians.||Monday, May 20th, 1996|
|The Evansville Tornado of November 2005 kills 25 in Northwestern Kentucky and Southwestern Indiana.||Sunday, November 6th, 2005|
- [Thanatopsis] was written in 1817, when Bryant was 23. Had he died then, the world would have thought it had lost a great poet. But he lived on.
- Freedom of speech and freedom of action are meaningless without freedom to think. And there is no freedom of thought without doubt.
- Legislators who are of even average intelligence stand out among their colleagues ... A cultured college president has become as much a rarity as a literate newspaper publisher. A financier interested in economics is as exceptional as a labor leader interested in the labor movement. For the most part our leaders are merely following out in front; they [only] marshal us in the way that we are going.
- Lying is an indispensable part of making life tolerable.
- There is no necessary connection between the desire to lead and the ability to lead, and even less the ability to lead somewhere that will be to the advantage of the led.
- There is wisdom in the selection of wisdom.
- Wisdom is meaningless until our own experience has given it meaning.
- Words are one of our chief means of adjusting to all the situations of life. The better control, the more successful our adjustment is likely to be.
- We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On September 26th||Who Also Died On September 15th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net