Notice: Undefined variable: author in /var/www/quotesby.net/public_html/author.php on line 7
graeme leung Quotes
Notice: Undefined variable: file in /var/www/quotesby.net/public_html/author.php on line 38
Graeme Leung Quotes
Read about file extension history in file extension history DB.
- Reconciliation and forgiveness are matters of the heart. They cannot be forced on the people.
- It's the way we are - our people show their respect to their leaders by keeping quiet. It is considered rude to speak your mind.
- If we continue to pardon or excuse the wrongdoers who commit acts of criminality in unsettling an elected government, we don't have any guarantee, do we, that this kind of exercise won't be repeated in the future.
- The creation of a legal eligibility allowing the grant of an amnesty for treason is abhorrent and unacceptable. The Bill was supposed to be a search for the truth behind the tragedy of 2000, but the Bill never once mentions the word 'truth'.
- These fears (held by indigenous Fijians) must not be ridiculed but understood and addressed. In the final analysis it will be counterproductive to impose democracy on people who have yet to fully understand how it will sit against everything they believe in.
- Democracy, the rule of law and human rights march hand in hand. These concepts are not well understood by a good portion of the population.
- It (democracy) is far more than merely participating in free and fair elections for a new government. It is about playing by a set of rules, respecting those rules and accepting the result even when it may not be what one had hoped for.
- The evidence shows a growing albeit reluctant acceptance of the rule of law. But time, patience and a genuine commitment not just of the country's leaders towards creating an environment that will allow democracy, human rights and the rule of law to flourish, will be required.
- If the law is bad and unpopular, it is for the people through the ballot box, to show their displeasure. But in a democracy, it is not the business of the military, however well-intentioned, to interfere with the law-making process.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On |
Notice: Undefined variable: daymonth_birthdate in /var/www/quotesby.net/public_html/author.php on line 136
|Who Also Died On |
Notice: Undefined variable: daymonth_deathdate in /var/www/quotesby.net/public_html/author.php on line 136
Copyright © www.quotesby.net