israel zangwill Quotes
Israel Zangwill Quotes
Read about file extension history in file extension history DB.
- No Jew was ever fool enough to turn Christian unless he was a clever man.
- Scratch the Christian and you find the pagan - spoiled.
- No... the real American has not yet arrived. He is only in the Crucible, I tell you-he will be the fusion of all races, perhaps the coming superman.
- America is God's Crucible, the great Melting-Pot where all the races of Europe are melting and re-forming!
- Oh, for the simple life, For tents and starry skies!
- An Edward's England spat us out - a band Foredoomed to redden Vistula or Rhine, And leaf-like toss with every wind malign. All mocked the faith they could not understand.
- How full and rich a world Theirs to inhabit is- Sweet scent of grass and bloom, Playmates' glad symphony, Cool touch of western wind, Sunshine's divine caress. How should they know or feel They are in darkness? But, oh, the miracle! If a Redeemer came, Laid finger on their eyes- One touch and what a world, New-born in loveliness!
- What a dark world-who knows?- Ours to inhabit is! One touch and what a strange Glory might burst on us, What a hid universe!
- Yehuda he-Hasid
- Yom Tov of Joigny
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net