j. sidlow baxter Quotes
J. Sidlow Baxter Quotes
Read about file extension history in file extension history DB.
- Regeneration is the fountain; sanctification is the river (in deeper or shallower degree). 'Entire sanctification' is the river in fullest flow.
- Fundamentally, our Lord's message was Himself. He did not come merely to preach a Gospel; He himself is that Gospel. He did not come merely to give bread; He said, 'I am the bread'. He did not come merely to shed light; He said, 'I am the light'. He did not come merely to show the door; He said, 'I am the door'. He did not come merely to name a shepherd; He said, 'I am the shepherd'. He did not come merely to point the way; He said, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life'.
- Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons, but they are helpless against our prayers.
- I have said it many a time, and am surer of it than ever, that the life and death issue of Christianity is the inspiration and authority of the Bible.
- If the Bible is only human lore, and not divine truth, then we have no real answer to those who say, 'Let's pick the best out of all religions and blend it all into Pan-Deism - one world religion with one god made out of many'.
- I care not what black spiritual crisis we may come through or what delightful spiritual Canaan we may enter, no blessing of the Christian life becomes continually possessed unless we are men and women of regular, daily, unhurried, secret lingerings in prayer.
j. sidlow baxter
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net