jamie zawinski Quotes
Jamie Zawinski Quotes
Read how to open files in File Open Database.
- Some people, when confronted with a problem, think 'I know, I'll use regular expressions.' Now they have two problems. 
- You can't take a dying project, sprinkle it with the magic pixie dust of 'open source,' and have everything magically work out. 
- Using these toolkits is like trying to make a bookshelf out of mashed potatoes. 
- I'd just like to take this moment to point out that C has all the expressive power of two dixie cups and a string. ( commands.c:501)
- Linux is only free if your time has no value.  - in an interview in June 1998; he later claimed that 'Bits and pieces of this article have been quoted out of context in lots of places'
- Today, I use Linux as my primary OS (on an x86 PC, and on a Thinkpad), and I also use Irix (on an SGI O2.) Linux has improved a great deal since I wrote this, specifically with respect to its ease of installation.  in a comment on his site in 2000
- Your 'use case' should be, there's a 22 year old college student living in the dorms. How will this software get him laid?
- My one purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others. 
- If you're using Windows, go fuck yourself. 
- I've noticed that when I get quoted in .sig files, it's never any of the actual *clever* things I say all the time. Usually it's something dumb. 
- Don't do drugs, kids. Stay in school. 
- Browser compatibility problems are nature's way of saying 'stop trying to be so fuckin' clever'. 
- C (it's not just a language, it's a grade) 
- Professionalism has no place in art, and hacking is art. Software Engineering might be science; but that's not what I do. I'm a hacker, not an engineer. 
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net