peter mere latham Quotes
Peter Mere Latham Quotes
Read how to open files in File Open Database.
- The practice of physic is jostled by quacks on the one side, and by science on the other.
- There is nothing so captivating as new knowledge.
- Truth in all its kinds is most difficult to win; and truth in medicine is the most difficult of all.
- Beware of language, for it is often a great cheat.
- The diagnosis of disease is often easy, often difficult, and often impossible.
- We should always presume the disease to be curable, until its own nature prove it otherwise.
- Fortunate, indeed, is the man who takes exactly the right measure of himself, and holds a just balance between what he can acquire and what he can use, be it great or be it small!
- Common sense is in medicine the master workman.
- It takes as much time and trouble to pull down a falsehood as to build up a truth.
- Faith and knowledge lean largely upon each other in the practice of medicine.
- It is no easy task to pick one's way from truth to truth through besetting errors.
- It would be a great thing to understand pain in all its meanings.
- It is the great mystery of life itself which is at the bottom of all the mysterious language we are obliged to employ concerning it.
- People in general have no notion of the sort and amount of evidence often needed to prove the simplest matter of fact.
- Poisons and medicine are oftentimes the same substance given with different intents.
- Perfect health, like perfect beauty, is a rare thing; and so, it seems, is perfect disease.
peter mere latham
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net