Notice: Undefined variable: author in /var/www/quotesby.net/public_html/author.php on line 7
richard behar Quotes
Notice: Undefined variable: file in /var/www/quotesby.net/public_html/author.php on line 38
Richard Behar Quotes
Read about file extension history in file extension history DB.
- For the TIME story, at least 10 attorneys and six private detectives were unleashed by Scientology and its followers in an effort to threaten, harass and discredit me. Last Oct. 12, not long after I began this assignment, I planned to lunch with Eugene Ingram, the church's leading private eye and a former cop. Ingram, who was tossed off the Los Angeles police force In 1981 for alleged ties to prostitutes and drug dealers, had told me that he might be able to arrange a meeting with church boss David Miscavige. Just hours before the lunch, the church's 'national trial counsel,' Earle Cooley, called to inform me that I would be eating alone. Alone, perhaps, but not forgotten. By day's end, I later learned, a copy of my personal credit report -- with detailed information about my bank accounts, home mortgage, credit-card payments, home address and Social Security number -- had been illegally retrieved from a national credit bureau called Trans Union. The sham company that received it, 'Educational Funding Services' of Los Angeles, gave as its address a mail drop a few blocks from Scientology's headquarters. The owner of the mail drop is a private eye named Fred Wolfson, who admits that an Ingram associate retained him to retrieve credit reports on several individuals. Wolfson says he was told that Scientology's attorneys 'had judgments against these people and were trying to collect on them.' He says now, 'These are vicious people. These are vipers.' Ingram, through a lawyer, denies any involvement in the scam. --Richard Behar, The Thriving Cults of Greed and Power, Time Magazine, May 6, 1991, sidebar: 'The Scientologists and Me'.
- I stand here before you in absolute awe of the fact that Congressman Ryan, Patricia's father, gave his life in an attempt to rescue victims from another dangerous cult. Looking at the politicians who serve in our Congress today, should make everyone realize what a rare man Leo Ryan was. I greatly admire him. --Richard Behar, 1992 Conference, (OLD) Cult Awareness Network
- What happens when bosses ignore memos from subordinates? The country is now learning the answer to that question in a most painful way. On July 10, 2001, an FBI agent in Phoenix [Arizona] wrote a memo raising serious concerns about Middle Eastern men attending U.S. flight schools. The memo never made its way up the chain of command, and no action was taken. --Richard Behar, introd. to 'FBI's 'Phoenix' memo Unmasked', Fortune [date?], [date accessed?]. (See (incomplete) list of Behar's Fortune articles in his section of his Publications [some defunct links].)
- RichardBehar.com - Richard Behar's official home page
- Full text at Time Magazine Website - 'The Thriving Cult of Greed and Power', Richard Behar, Time Magazine (May 6, 1991)
- ProjectKlebnikov.org - 'The global media alliance investigating the July 9th, 2004 murder of Paul Klebnikov, the editor-in-chief of the Russian edition of Forbes magazine'
- Independent-Media.tv - 'Rummy's North Korea Connection', Richard Behar (April 28, 2003)
- LermaNet.com - 'Leo Award Winner Richard Behar at CAN Conference 1992'
- LermaNet.com - 'Stalked by Allstate: Being an agent for the giant insurer can be tough-- even terrifying. An extraordinary war between a company and its own troops is only getting fiercer.' Richard Behar (1995)
- NewsBios.com - 'Richard Behar'
- Acceptance Speech, for Leo J. Ryan award
- 'Fuzzy, but fervent', Forbes, November 18, 1985 - Richard Behar and Ralph King, Jr.,
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On |
Notice: Undefined variable: daymonth_birthdate in /var/www/quotesby.net/public_html/author.php on line 136
|Who Also Died On |
Notice: Undefined variable: daymonth_deathdate in /var/www/quotesby.net/public_html/author.php on line 136
Copyright © www.quotesby.net