richard monckton milnes, 1st baron houghton houghton Quotes
Richard Monckton Milnes, 1st Baron Houghton Houghton Quotes
Read how to open files in File Open Database.
- But on and up, where Nature's heart Beats strong amid the hills.
- Great thoughts, great feelings came to them, Like instincts, unawares.
- A man's best things are nearest him, Lie close about his feet.
- I wandered by the brookside, I wandered by the mill; I could not hear the brook flow, The noisy wheel was still.
- The beating of my own heart Was all the sound I heard.
- The hills of manhood wear a noble face When seen from far; The mist of light from which they take their grace Hides what they are.
- Oh glory, that we wrestle So valiantly with Time!
- Heaven was not Heaven if Phaon was not there.
- A poet's Mistress is a hallowed thing.
- Mohammed's truth lay in a holy Book, Christ's in a sacred Life.
- They who have steeped their souls in prayer Can every anguish calmly bear.
- Lady Moon, Lady Moon, where are you roving? Over the sea. Lady Moon, Lady Moon, whom are you loving? All that love me!
richard monckton milnes, 1st baron houghton houghton
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net