sir sidney lee Quotes
Sir Sidney Lee Quotes
Read about file extension history in file extension history DB.
- a purely literal interpretation of the impassioned protestations of affection for a 'lovely boy', which course through the sonnets, casts a slur on the dignity of the poet's name which scarcely bears discussion
- I believe that the luxuriance of Shakespeare's dramatic instinct largely dominates that outburst of lyric melody which gives the Sonnets their life.
- Discriminating brevity is a law of the right biographic method.
- Reading is a wrestling with ideas greater than any we can create for ourselves. It has been said, a little extravagantly, that reading can get the better of most physical sufferings, all indeed save the pangs of hunger.
- He had a splendid appetite at all times, and never toyed with his food
- Shakespeare's relations with men and women of the court involved him at the outset in emotional conflicts, which form the subject-matter of his 'Sonnets'
- Shakespeare avows, although in phraseology that is often cryptic, the experiences of his own heart
sir sidney lee
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net