Solon QuotesBirth Date: 1959-10-15 (Thursday, October 15th, 1959)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
solon life timeline
|Europeans first visit Minnesota and see headwaters of Mississippi in an expedition led by Daniel Greysolon de Du Luth.||Sunday, July 2nd, 1679|
|The 10,500 inhabitants of the Greek town Messolonghi start leaving the town after a year s siege by Turkish forces. Very few of them survive.||Monday, April 10th, 1826|
- An unlucky rich man is more capable of satisfying his desires and of riding out disaster when it strikes, but a lucky man is better off than him:He is the one who deserves to be described as happy. But until he is dead, you had better refrain from calling him happy, and just call him fortunate.
- No fool can be silent at a feast.
- If through your vices you afflicted are, Lay not the blame of your distress on God; You made your rulers mighty, gave them guards, So now you groan 'neath slavery's heavy rod.
- Consider your honour, as a gentleman, of more weight than an oath.
- Rule, after you have first learned to submit to rule.
- Watch well each separate citizen, Lest having in his heart of hearts A secret spear, one still may come Saluting you with cheerful face, And utter with a double tongue The feigned good wishes of his wary mind.
- Wealth I desire to have; but wrongfully to get it, I do not wish. Justice, even if slow, is sure.
- For often evil men are rich, and good men poor; But we will not exchange with them Our virtue for their wealth since one abides always, While riches change their owners every day.
- That city in which those who are not wronged, no less than those who are wronged, exert themselves to punish the wrongdoers.
- As the Deity has given us Greeks all other blessings in moderation, so our moderation gives us a kind of wisdom which is timid, in all likelihood, and fit for common people, not one which is kingly and splendid. This wisdom, such as it is, observing that human life is ever subject to all sorts of vicissitudes, forbids us to be puffed up by the good things we have, or to admire a man's felicity while there is still time for it to change.
- I grow old ever learning many things.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On October 15th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net