william henry davies Quotes
William Henry Davies Quotes
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Autumn grows old: he, like some simple one, In Summer's castaway is strangely clad
- The collier's wife had four tall sons Brought from the pit's mouth dead, And crushed from foot to head
- From my own kind I only learn How foolish comfort is
- Thou shalt not laugh, thou shalt not romp, Let's grimly kiss with bated breath; As quietly and solemnly As Life when it is kissing Death.
- They sniffed, poor things, for their green fields, They cried so loud I could not sleep: For fifty thousand shillings down I would not sail again with sheep.
- Sweet Stay-at-Home, sweet Well-content, Thou knowest of no strange continent; Thou hast not felt thy bosom keep A gentle motion with the deep; Thou hast not sailed in Indian seas, Where scent comes forth in every breeze.
- What sweet, what happy days had I, When dreams made Time Eternity!
- It was the Rainbow gave thee birth, And left thee all her lovely hues
- Go you and, with such glorious hues, Live with proud peacocks in green parks
- I also love a quiet place That's green, away from all mankind; A lonely pool, and let a tree Sigh with her bosom over me.
- What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare
- No time to see, in broad daylight, Streams full of stars, like skies at night. No time to turn at Beauty's glance, And watch her feet, how they can dance.
- this extraordinary and memorable being, who, for all his humility, bore about him something of the primitive splendour and directness of the Elizabethan age
william henry davies
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net