alfred noyes Quotes
Alfred Noyes Quotes
Read how to open files in File Open Database.
- A shadow leaned over me, whispering, in the darkness, Thoughts without sound
- Soundlessly, shadow with shadow, we wrestled together, Till the grey dawn.
- Memory, out of the mist, in a long slow ripple Breaks, blindly, against the shore.
- Never since Drake and Raleigh won Our freedom of the seas, Have sons of Britain dared and done More valiantly than these.
- Yes; as the music changes, Like a prismatic glass, It takes the light and ranges Through all the moods that pass; Dissects the common carnival Of passions and regrets, And gives the world a glimpse of all The colours it forgets.
- Go down to Kew in lilac-time, in lilac-time, in lilac-time; Go down to Kew in lilac-time (it isn't far from London!) And you shall wander hand in hand with love in summer's wonderland; Go down to Kew in lilac-time (it isn't far from London!)
- The wind was a torrent of darkness upon the gusty trees, The moon was a ghostly galleon tossed upon cloudy seas, The road was a ribbon of moonlight looping the purple moor, And the highwayman came riding-- Riding--riding-- The highwayman came riding, up to the old inn door.
- One kiss, my bonny sweetheart; I'm after a prize tonight, But I shall be back with the yellow gold before the morning light. Yet if they press me sharply, and harry me through the day, Then look for me by moonlight, Watch for me by moonlight, I'll come to thee by moonlight, though hell should bar the way.
- Once more I hear the everlasting sea Breathing beneath the mountain's fragrant breast
- We plucked down all His altars, left not one Save where, perchance (and ah, the joy was fleet), We laid our garlands in the sun At the white Sea-born's feet.
- 'He is dead,' we cried, and even amid that gloom The wintry veil was rent! The new-born day Showed us the Angel seated in the tomb And the stone rolled away.
- There was music all about us, we were growing quite forgetful We were only singing seamen from the dirt of Londontown.
- There's a magic in the distance, where the sea-line meets the sky.
- Enough of dreams! No longer mock The burdened hearts of men! Not on the cloud, but on the rock.
- Ye that follow the vision Of the world's weal afar, Have ye met with derision And the red laugh of war? Yet the thunder shall not hurt you Nor the battle storms dismay; Tho' the sun in heaven desert you 'Love will find out the way.'
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net