bjarne stroustrup Quotes
Bjarne Stroustrup Quotes
Read how to open files in File Open Database.
- Within C++, there is a much smaller and cleaner language struggling to get out.
- Proof by analogy is fraud.
- Design and programming are human activities; forget that and all is lost.
- A program that has not been tested does not work.
- 'How to test?' is a question that connot be answered in general. 'When to test?' however, does have a general answer: as early and as often as possible.
- An organisation that treats its programmers as morons will soon have programmers that are willing and able to act like morons only.
- Anybody who comes to you and says he has a perfect language is either naive or a salesman.
- There are only two kinds of languages: the ones people complain about and the ones nobody uses.
- I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone. Bjarne Stroustrup's FAQ: Did you really say that?. Retrieved on 2007-11-15.
- People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we don't.
- C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off.
- If you think it's simple, then you have misunderstood the problem.
- 'There are more useful systems developed in languages deemed awful than in languages praised for being beautiful--many more'.
- C++ is my favorite garbage collected language because it generates so little garbage
- 'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling.
- [Corporate programming] is often done to the point where the individual is completely submerged in corporate 'culture' with no outlet for unique talents and skills. Corporate practices can be directly hostile to individuals with exceptional skills and initiative in technical matters. I consider such management of technical people cruel and wasteful.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net