david hare Quotes
David Hare Quotes
Read how to open files in File Open Database.
- The theatre is the best way of showing the gap between what is said and what is seen to be done, and that is why, ragged and gap-toothed as it is, it has still a far healthier potential than some poorer, abandoned arts.
- The act of writing is the act of discovering what you believe.
- A weak mind sinks under prosperity, as well as under adversity. A strong and deep mind has two highest tides - when the moon is at the full, and when there is no moon.
- Children always turn toward the light.
- In oratory the will must predominate.
- None but a fool is always right.
- Nothing is further than Earth from Heaven: nothing is nearer than Heaven to Earth.
- Our poetry in the eighteenth century was prose; our prose in the seventeenth, poetry.
- Poetry is the key to the hieroglyphics of Nature.
- Purity is the feminine, Truth the masculine, of Honour.
- Smiles are the language of love.
- Some people carry their hearts in their heads; very many carry their heads in their hearts. The difficulty is to keep them apart, and yet both actively working together.
- Sudden resolutions, like the sudden rise of the mercury in the barometer, indicate little else than the changeableness of the weather.
- The virtue of Paganism was strength: the virtue of Christianity is obedience.
- The ultimate tendency of civilization is toward barbarism.
- Thought is the wind, knowledge the sail.
- To those whose god is honour, disgrace alone is sin.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net