felicia hemans Quotes
Felicia Hemans Quotes
Read how to open files in File Open Database.
- But fair the exil'd Palm-tree grew Midst foliage of no kindred hue; Through the laburnum's dropping gold Rose the light shaft of Orient mould, And Europe's violets, faintly sweet, Purpled the mossbeds at its feet.
- They grew in beauty side by side, They filled one home with glee: Their graves are severed far and wide By mount and stream and sea.
- Alas for love, if thou wert all, And naught beyond, O Earth!
- The boy stood on the burning deck, Whence all but him had fled; The flame that lit the battle's wreck Shone round him o'er the dead.
- The flames roll'd on--he would not go Without his father's word; That father, faint in death below, His voice no longer heard.
- The stately Homes of England, How beautiful they stand! Amidst their tall ancestral trees, O'er all the pleasant land.
- Oh, call my brother back to me! I cannot play alone: The summer comes with flower and bee,- Where is my brother gone?
- Leaves have their time to fall, And flowers to wither at the north-wind's breath, And stars to set; but all, Thou hast all seasons for thine own, O Death!
- Come to the sunset tree! The day is past and gone; The woodman's axe lies free, And the reaper's work is done.
- I had a hat. It was not all a hat,- Part of the brim was gone: Yet still I wore it on.
- The breaking waves dashed high On a stern and rock-bound coast, And the woods against a stormy sky Their giant branches tossed.
- And the heavy night hung dark, The hills and waters o'er, When a band of exiles moored their bark On the wild New England shore.
- Ay, call it holy ground, The soil where first they trod; They have left unstained what there they found - Freedom to whorship God.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net