george darley Quotes
George Darley Quotes
Read how to open files in File Open Database.
- It is not Beauty I demand, A crystal brow, the moon's despair, Nor the snow's daughter, a white hand, Nor mermaid's yellow pride of hair.
- Give me, instead of beauty's bust, A tender heart, a loyal mind, Which with temptation I could trust, Yet never linked with error find.
- Half-buried to her flaming breast In this bright tree, she makes her nest, Hundred-sunned Phoenix! when she must Crumble at length to hoary dust!
- O fast her amber blood doth flow From the heart-wounded Incense Tree, Fast as earth's deep-embosom'd woe In silent rivulets to the sea!
- Sweet in her green dell the flower of beauty slumbers, Lull'd by the faint breezes sighing through her hair; Sleeps she and hears not the melancholy numbers Breathed to my sad lute 'mid the lonely air.
- Come then, my bird! For the peace thou ever bearest, Still Heaven's messenger of comfort to me- Come-this fond bosom, O faithfullest and fairest, Bleeds with its death-wound, its wound of love for thee!
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On
|Who Also Died On
Copyright © www.quotesby.net