hal abelson Quotes
Hal Abelson Quotes
Read how to open files in File Open Database.
- If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders.
- Applicants must also have extensive knowledge of Unix, although they should have sufficiently good programming taste to not consider this an achievement
- In the Middle Ages people built cathedrals, where the whole town would get together and make a thing that's greater than any individual person could do and the society would kind of revel in that. We don't do that as much anymore, but in a sense this is kind of like building a cathedral.
- Anything which uses science as part of its name isn't: political science, creation science, computer science.
- 'What's important is not just to develop the technology; it's to develop the processes.'
- 'It is not that there is some magic technology. It is what are you going to do with it?'
- Universities are meant to pass the torch of civilization.'
- 'Giving it away helps defuse complex intellectual property issues of ownership and control that can distract the universities from their missions to disseminate knowledge.' - commmenting on MIT's Open Courseware program
- Turtle Geometry: The Computer as a Medium for Exploring Mathematics (1981)
- Logo for the Apple II (1982)
- Apple Logo (1982)
- Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs (1985)
- Logo for the Macintosh: An Introduction through Object Logo (1992)
- Architects of the Information Society (1999) - edited by with Simson L. Garfinkel
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net