james howell Quotes
James Howell Quotes
Read how to open files in File Open Database.
- Burn not thy fingers to snuff another man's candle.
- He that hath eaten a bear-pie, will always smell of the garden.
- A hungry man is an angry man.
- Owe money at Easter and Lent will seem short to thee.
- Words and works eat not at one table.
- The Devil turns his back to a door that is shut.
- Happy is he that grows wise by other men's harms.
- God consents but not always.
- Neither go to a wedding nor a christening unbid.
- Affection is blind reason.
- To whom thy secret thou dost tell, to him thy freedom thou dost sell.
- There's fence against all things except death.
- He falls in the pit he digs for others.
- Sometimes an ill favored bitch gnaws a good chord.
- The wealth of a churchman God gives it, and the Devil takes it away.
- Appetite is better than surfeit.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On
|Who Also Died On
Copyright © www.quotesby.net