leo x (pope) Quotes
Leo X (Pope) Quotes
Read how to open files in File Open Database.
- Since God has given us the papacy, let us enjoy it.
- Made thirty, we should make thirty-one
- It is a heretical opinion, but a common one, that the sacraments of the New Law give pardoning grace to those who do not set up an obstacle.
- To deny that in a child after baptism sin remains is to treat with contempt both Paul and Christ.
- The inflammable sources of sin, even if there be no actual sin, delay a soul departing from the body from entrance into heaven.
- To one on the point of death imperfect charity necessarily brings with it great fear, which in itself alone is enough to produce the punishment of purgatory, and impedes entrance into the kingdom.
- That there are three parts to penance: contrition, confession, and satisfaction, has no foundation in Sacred Scripture nor in the ancient sacred Christian doctors.
- Sins are not forgiven to anyone, unless when the priest forgives them he believes they are forgiven;
- Hence, I say, trust confidently, if you have obtained the absolution of the priest, and firmly believe yourself to have been absolved, and you will truly be absolved, whatever there may be of contrition.
- Christians must be taught to cherish excommunications rather than to fear them.
- It has served us well, this myth of Christ.
leo x (pope)
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net