margot asquith Quotes
Margot Asquith Quotes
Read how to open files in File Open Database.
- One can only influence the strong characters in life, not the weak; and it is the height of vanity to suppose that you can make an honest man of anyone.
- Rich men's houses are seldom beautiful, rarely comfortable, and never original. It is a constant source of surprise to people of moderate means to observe how little a big fortune contributes to Beauty.
- From the happy expression on their faces you might have supposed that they welcomed the war. I have met with men who loved stamps, and stones, and snakes, but I could not imagine any man loving war.
- Lloyd George? There is no Lloyd George. There is a marvellous brain; but if you were to shut him in a room and look through the keyhole there would be nobody there.
- He's very clever, but sometimes his brains go to his head.
- She tells enough white lies to ice a wedding cake.
- He couldn't see a belt without hitting below it.
- My dear old friend King George V told me he would never have died but for that vile doctor, Lord Dawson of Penn.
- The t is silent, as in Harlow.
- Kitchener, a great man or a great poster?
- The affair between Margot Asquith and Margot Asquith will live as one of the prettiest love stories in all literature.
- ... no matter where she takes off from, she brings the discourse back to Margot Asquith. Such singleness of purpose is met but infrequently.
- Through the pages of [her book] Lay Sermons walk the great. I don't say that Margot Asquith actually permits us to rub elbows with them ourselves, but she willingly shows us her own elbow, which has been, so to say, honed on the mighty.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On
|Who Also Died On
Copyright © www.quotesby.net