Read how to open files in File Open Database.
- Nor is it any longer possible for you to give up this empire ... Your empire is now like a tyranny: it may have been wrong to take it; it is certainly dangerous to let it go.
- But the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding go out to meet it.
- The whole Earth is the Sepulchre of famous men; and their story is not graven only on Stone over their native earth, but lives on far away, without visible symbol, woven into the stuff of other men's lives.
- Although only a few may originate a policy, we are all able to judge it.
- What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.
- Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.
- Future ages will wonder at us, as the present age wonders at us now.
- If Athens shall appear great to you, consider then that her glories were purchased by valiant men, and by men who learned their duty.
- Instead of looking on discussion as a stumbling block in the way of action, we think it an indispensable preliminary to any wise action at all.
- Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.
- Make up your mind that happiness depends on being free, and freedom depends on being courageous.
- Time is the king of all men, he is their parent and their grave, and gives them what he will and not what they crave.
- Wait for that wisest of all counselors, Time.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net