publilius syrus Quotes
Publilius Syrus Quotes
Read how to open files in File Open Database.
- As men, we are all equal in the presence of death.
- Inopi beneficium bis dat, qui dat celeriter.
- To do two things at once is to do neither.
- The anger of lovers renews the strength of love.
- The loss which is unknown is no loss at all.
- Honesta fama melior pecunia est.
- He who helps the guilty, shares the crime.
- Many receive advice, few profit by it.
- While we stop to think, we often miss our opportunity.
- Whatever you can lose, you should reckon of no account.
- Honesta turpitudo est pro causa bona.
- What is left when honor is lost?
- Fortune is not satisfied with inflicting one calamity.
- When Fortune is on our side, popular favor bears her company.
- Fortuna cum blanditur, captatum venit.
- Fortuna uitrea est: tum cum splendet frangitur.
- Fortunam citius reperias quam retineas.
- There are some remedies worse than the disease.
- Amid a multitude of projects, no plan is devised.
- In sterculino plurimum gallus potest.
- In tranquillo esse quisque gubernator potest.
- Treat your friend as if he might become an enemy.
- Iudex damnatur ubi nocens absolvitur.
- Practice is the best of all instructors.
- He who is bent on doing evil can never want occasion.
- Never find your delight in another's misfortune.
- It is a bad plan that admits of no modification.
- The fear of death is more to be dreaded than death itself.
- A rolling stone gathers no moss.
- Never promise more than you can perform.
- No one should be judge in his own case.
- Nothing can be done at once hastily and prudently.
- We desire nothing so much as what we ought not to have.
- It is only the ignorant who despise education.
- Do not turn back when you are just at the goal.
- No man is happy who does not think himself so.
- Every day should be passed as if it were to be our last.
- Money alone sets all the world in motion.
- It is a very hard undertaking to seek to please everybody.
- Invitat culpam qui peccatum praeterit
- It takes a long time to bring excellence to maturity.
- No one knows what he can do till he tries.
- Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it.
- Better to be ignorant of a matter than half know it.
- Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them.
- Stultum facit fortuna, quem vult perdere.
- Taciturnitas stulto homini pro sapientia est.
- It is a consolation to the wretched to have companions in misery.
- Proximum ab innocentia tenet locum verecunda peccati confessio.
- I have often regretted my speech, never my silence.
- Speech is a mirror of the soul: as a man speaks, so is he.
- Familiarity breeds contempt.
- Necessity knows no law except to conquer.
- We should provide in peace what we need in war
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net