- The striving for significance, this sense of yearning, always points out to us that all psychological phenomena contain a movement that starts from a feeling of inferiority and reach upward. The theory of Individual Psychology of psychological compensation states that the stronger the feeling of inferiority, the higher the goal for personal power.
- To be human means to feel inferior.
- Meanings are not determined by situations, but we determine ourselves by the meanings we give to situations.
- Man knows much more than he understands.
- It is always easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
- Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement.
- The chief danger in life is taking too many precautions.