- Is life worth living? Yes, so long As Spring revives the year, And hails us with the cuckoo's song, To show that she is here;
- Is life worth living? Yes, so long As there is wrong to right, Wail of the weak against the strong, Or tyranny to fight;
- So long as faith with freedom reigns And loyal hope survives, And gracious charity remains To leaven lowly lives; While there is one untrodden tract For intellect or will, And men are free to think and act, Life is worth living still.
- He is dead already who doth not feel Life is worth living still.
- O'er the wires the electric message came, 'He is no better; he is much the same.'