augustine birrell Quotes
Augustine Birrell Quotes
Read about file extension history in file extension history DB.
- A great library easily begets affection, which may deepen into love;
- It is pleasant to be admitted into the birth-chamber of a great idea destined to be translated into action.
- Words are women, deeds are men
- Great is bookishness and the charm of books.
- Personally, I am dead against the burning of books.
- Oh, those scoundrelly Charity Commissioners! [:] By the side of these anthropoid apes, the genuine bookworm, the paper-eating insect, ravenous as he once was, has done comparatively little mischief.
- There were no books in Eden, and there will be none in heaven;
- There are no habits of man more alien to the doctrine of the Communist than those of the collector
- It can never be wrong to give pleasure.
- An ordinary man can...surround himself with two thousand books..and thenceforward have at least one place in the world in which it is possible to be happy.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net