benito mussolini Quotes
Benito Mussolini QuotesBirth Date: 1883-07-29 (Sunday, July 29th, 1883)
Date of Death: 1945-04-28 (Saturday, April 28th, 1945)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
benito mussolini life timeline
|Benito Mussolini forms the Fascist Party in Italy.||Sunday, February 23rd, 1919|
|In Milan, Italy, Benito Mussolini founds his Fascist political movement.||Sunday, March 23rd, 1919|
|March on Rome: Italian fascists led by Benito Mussolini march on Rome and take over the Italian government.||Saturday, October 28th, 1922|
|The King of Italy, Victor Emmanuel III, appoints Benito Mussolini as Prime Minister.||Sunday, October 29th, 1922|
|Benito Mussolini is made Prime Minister of Italy.||Monday, October 30th, 1922|
|Benito Mussolini announces he is taking dictatorial powers over Italy.||Saturday, January 3rd, 1925|
|An assassination attempt on Benito Mussolini fails.||Saturday, September 11th, 1926|
|Benito Mussolini and French Foreign Minister Pierre Laval sign the Franco-Italian Agreement.||Monday, January 7th, 1935|
|Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini create the Rome-Berlin Axis.||Sunday, October 25th, 1936|
|Italian dictator Benito Mussolini proclaims the Rome-Berlin Axis, establishing the alliance of the Axis Powers.||Monday, November 2nd, 1936|
|World War II: Axis PowersAdolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini meet at the Brenner Pass in the Alps and agree to form an alliance against France and the United Kingdom.||Monday, March 18th, 1940|
|Meeting between Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini at the Brenner Pass.||Friday, October 4th, 1940|
|World War II: German leader Adolf Hitler and Italian Foreign Minister Galeazzo Ciano meet to discuss Benito Mussolini s disastrous invasion of Greece.||Monday, November 18th, 1940|
|Benito Mussolini and his mistress Clara Petacci are executed by a firing squad consisting of members of the Italian resistance movement.||Saturday, April 28th, 1945|
- Shoot me in the chest.
- I shall make my own life a masterpiece.
- Better to live a day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep.
- The Fascist accepts life and loves it, knowing nothing of and despising suicide; he rather conceives of life as duty and struggle and conquest, life which should be high and full, lived for oneself, but not above all for others -- those who are at hand and those who are far distant, contemporaries, and those who will come after.
- If I advance; follow me! if I retreat; kill me! if I die; avenge me!
- We deny your internationalism. That is a luxury article which only the elevated can practise, because peoples are passionately bound to their native soil.
- And above all, Fascism, the more it considers and observes the future and the development of humanity quite apart from political considerations of the moment, believes neither in the possibility nor the utility of perpetual peace... War alone brings up to its highest tension all human energy and puts the stamp of nobility upon the people who have the courage to meet it.
- Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy. You in America will see that some day.
- Fascism conceives of the State as an absolute, in comparison with which all individuals or groups are relative, only to be conceived in their relation to the State.
- Speeches made to the people are essential to the arousing of enthusiasm for a war.
- Our program is simple: we wish to govern Italy. They ask us for programs but there are already too many. It is not programs that are wanting for the salvation of Italy but men and will power.
- The Socialists ask what is our program? Our program is to smash the heads of the Socialists.
- All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.
- For my part I prefer fifty thousand rifles to five million votes.
- Fortunately the Italian people has not yet accustomed itself to eat many times a day, and possessing a modest level of living, it feels deficiency and suffering less.
- I am not a collector of deserts!
- Race? It is a feeling, not a reality. Nothing will ever make me believe that biologically pure races can be shown to exist today.
- Fascism should more properly be called corporatism, since it is the merger of state and corporate power.
- Believe, obey, fight.
- It is humiliating to remain with our hands folded while others write history. It matters little who wins. To make a people great it is necessary to send them to battle even if you have to kick them in the pants. That is what I shall do.
- The struggle between the two worlds [Fascism and Democracy] can permit no compromises. The new cycle which begins with the ninth year of the Fascist regime places the alternative in even greater relief- either we or they, either their ideas or ours, either our State or theirs!
- Liberty is a duty, not a right.
- The best blood will at some time get into a fool or a mosquito.
- Blood alone moves the wheels of history.
- The truth is that men are tired of liberty.
- War is to man what maternity is to a woman. From a philosophical and doctrinal viewpoint, I do not believe in perpetual peace.
- This is the epitaph I want on my tomb: 'Here lies one of the most intelligent animals who ever appeared on the face of the Earth.'
- Lenin is an artist who has worked men, as other artists have worked marble or metals. But men are harder than stone and less malleable than iron. There is no masterpiece. The artist has failed. The task was superior to his capacities.
- Three cheers for the war. Three cheers for Italy's war and three cheers for war in general. Peace is hence absurd or rather a pause in war.
- We have buried the putrid corpse of liberty.
- Thirty centuries of history allow us to look with supreme pity on certain doctrines which are preached beyond the Alps by the descendants of those who were illiterate when Rome had Caesar, Virgil and Augustus.
- What a man! I have lost my heart!... Fascism has rendered a service to the entire world... If I were Italian, I am sure I would have been with you entirely from the beginning of your victorious struggle against the bestial appetites and passion of Leninism.
- There seems to be no question that [Mussolini] is really interested in what we are doing and I am much interested and deeply impressed by what he has accomplished and by his evidenced honest purpose of restoring Italy. .
- To Benito Mussolini, from an old man who greets in the ruler, the Hero of Culture.
- Unfortunately, I am no superman like Mussolini.
- He was the greatest genius of the modern age.
- Mussolini was the greatest man of our century, but he committed certain disasterous errors. I, who have the advantage of his precedent before me, shall follow in his footsteps but also avoid his errors.
- Benito Mussolini is a Magnificent Beast. No apology is needed for an expression which the Duce himself would have found correct, and which fits like a glove--a boxing glove.
- Mussolini is a brilliant thinker whose philosophy, though unorthodox, flows out of the true European tradition. If he is a myth-maker, he is, like Plato's guardians, conscious that 'the noble lie' is a lie.
- What a waste that we lost Mussolini. He is a first-rate man who would have led our party to power in Italy.
- Mussolini is a great executive, a true leader of men, and the great works he has accomplished are his genuine fortifications to a high place in history and in the hearts of his people.
- Fascism was really the basis for the New Deal. It was Mussolini's success in Italy, with his government-directed economy, that led the early New Dealers to say 'But Mussolini keeps the trains running on time.'
- From 1912 to 1914, Mussolini was the Che Guevara of his day, a living saint of leftism.
- Don't worry, papa, I know there is no such person as God.
- The first thing is the state - and from the state are derived the rights and fate of the people. Humans come second.
- Let us have a dagger between our teeth, a bomb in our hands and an infinite scorn in our hearts.
- The history of saints is basically the history of insane people.
- It's good to trust others, but not to do so is much better.
- Racism is for the blondes (Germans).
- Ruling the Italians is not difficult; it's pointless.
- Socialism is a fraud, a comedy, a phantom, a blackmail.
- The Mediterranean sea is our Italian Mare Nostrum.
- The function of a citizen and a soldier are inseparable.
- He is a pederast.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On July 29th||Who Also Died On April 28th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net