david lodge Quotes
David Lodge QuotesBirth Date: 1935-01-28 (Monday, January 28th, 1935)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Literature is mostly about having sex and not much about having children. Life is the other way round.
- Four times, under our educational rules, the human pack is shuffled and cut - at eleven-plus, sixteen-plus, eighteen-plus and twenty-plus - and happy is he who comes top of the deck on each occasion, but especially the last. This is called Finals, the very name of which implies that nothing of importance can happen after it.
- Looking around at the faces of his colleagues in the Senior Common Room he felt reassured: not a Lineament of Gratified Desire to be seen.
- I'm a bit of a deconstructionist myself. It's kind of exciting - the last intellectual thrill left. Like sawing through the branch you're sitting on.
- Language is the net that holds thought trapped within a particular culture. But if one could only strike the ball with sufficient force, with perfect timing, it would perhaps break through the netting, continue on its course, never fall to earth, but go into orbit around the world.
- That's the attraction of the conference circuit: it's a way of converting work into play, combining professionalism with tourism, and all at someone else's expense. Write a paper and see the world! I'm Jane Austen - fly me!
- I respect a man who can recognize a quotation. It's a dying art.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On January 28th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net