douglas william jerrold Quotes
Douglas William Jerrold QuotesBirth Date: 1803-01-03 (Monday, January 3rd, 1803)
Date of Death: 1857-06-08 (Monday, June 8th, 1857)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- He is one of those wise philanthropists who in a time of famine would vote for nothing but a supply of toothpicks.
- The surest way to hit a woman's heart is to take aim kneeling.
- That fellow would vulgarize the day of judgment.
- The best thing I know between France and England is the sea.
- The life of the husbandman,-a life fed by the bounty of earth and sweetened by the airs of heaven.
- Some people are so fond of ill-luck that they run half-way to meet it.
- Earth is here so kind, that just tickle her with a hoe and she laughs with a harvest.
- The ugliest of trades have their moments of pleasure. Now, if I were a grave-digger, or even a hangman, there are some people I could work for with a great deal of enjoyment.
- A blessed companion is a book,-a book that fitly chosen is a life-long friend.
- He was so good he would pour rose-water on a toad.
- As for the brandy, 'nothing extenuate;' and the water, put nought in it malice.
- Self-defense is the clearest of all laws; and for this reason - the lawyers didn't make it.
- Talk to him of Jacob's ladder, and he would ask the number of the steps.
- That questionable superfluity-small beer.
- The sharp employ the sharp; verily, a man may be known by his attorney.
douglas william jerrold
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On January 3rd||Who Also Died On June 8th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net