eric cantona Quotes
Eric Cantona QuotesBirth Date: 1966-05-24 (Tuesday, May 24th, 1966)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
- After his first training session in heaven, George Best, from his favourite right wing, turned the head of God who was filling in at left-back. I would love him to save me a place in his team - George Best that is, not God.
- I am God.
- Certainly take the advice of others but always, always be yourself.
- English fans are brilliant. In England when you ask someone which club they support it means something. The person supports a club for the whole of his life, whatever the ups and downs. In France, there's no loyalty. If you're not top of the league, the fans go to another club.
- Stadiums like Old Trafford have a soul, and I like that.
- I am in love with Manchester United. It is like finding a wife who have given me a perfect marriage.
- The Chelsea captain Dennis Wise tries to disturb my concentration by betting me ?100 that I will not score. This does not disturb me.
- At the end of the day, I'm a footballer first and not a pop star... If I really wanted all the attention for myself I would play singles tennis... Or even find myself a nice lady for the mixed doubles.
- When you wake up in the middle of the night, before playing on sunday morning to check that no one has stolen your football boots... That's passion.
- It's terrible, with the executioner face to face with his victim. Fifteen seconds punctuated by a flash of lightning. The crowd explodes or crumbles. The penalty is either happiness or sadness, nothing else.
- The English will never change their game or mentality. So I have needed to adapt. Only then can I add the frills.
- I play with passion and fire. I have to accept that sometimes this fire does harm.
- Leaving a club is like leaving a woman. When you have nothing left to say, you go.
- An artist in my eyes, is someone who can lighten up a dark room. I have never and will never find difference between the pass from Pele to Carlos Alberto in the final of the World Cup in 1970 and the poetry of the young Rimbaud, who stretches 'cords from steeple to steeple and garlands from window to window.' There is in each of these human manifestations an expression of beauty which touches us and gives us a feeling of eternity.
- I'm so proud the fans still sing my name, but I fear tomorrow they will stop. I fear it because I love it. And everything you love, you fear you will lose.
- I'd give all the champagne I've ever drunk to be playing alongside him in a big European match at Old Trafford.
- I have the impression that if he cannot score a beautiful goal, he'd rather not score.
- There is nothing more stupid than a footballer who pretends to be more indispensable than the ball. Rather than run with the ball, make the ball do the work, give it and look quickly. Look around quickly and you will be the best.
- He doesn't drink, he never smokes. He paints on canvases and paints beautiful pictures of football pitches. I miss him.
- He swaggered in, stuck his chest out, raises his head and surveyed everything as though he were asking 'I'm Cantona, how big are you? Are you big enough for me?
- If he's got a temperament, wait until he sees my temperament.
- It's a panic buy
- For one million pounds, he must be the best signing of all time
- I think the only English word I've heard from him is 'Goal'.
- We just laugh at him in training because some of the things he does are amazing
- He's lost les marbles
- He's the best prepared footballer I've ever had. He's first at the training ground, he does his own warm-up and then he does our warm-up. He trains brilliantly, and then he practices after training and he's the last to leave the car park, signing autographs. He's happy to do hospital visits whenever you ask him to do anything. He's a model pro, an absolute dream footballer.
- 'Collar turned up, back straight, chest stuck out, he glided into the arena as if he owned the fucking place. Any arena, but nowhere more effectively than Old Trafford. This was his stage. He loved it, the crowd loved him' (Roy Keane, Cantona's successor as Manchester United captain).
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On May 24th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net