freddie mercury Quotes
Freddie Mercury QuotesDate of Death: 1991-11-24 (Sunday, November 24th, 1991)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- You can have everything in the world and still be the loneliest man. and that is the most bitter type of loneliness, success has brought me world idolisation and millions of pounds. but it's prevented me from having the one thing we all need-a loving. Ongoing relationship.
- I'm just an old slag who gets up every morning, scratches his head and wonders what he wants to fuck.
- Listen, if you guys wanna move around and shift your asses a little... It's okay by us. You can take all your clothes off if you like too. It doesn't matter... Fuck off! (laughs)
- I'm so powerful on stage that I seem to have created a monster. When I'm performing I'm an extrovert, yet inside I'm a completely different man.
- Hello everybody! Hey hey hey! Okay! You know it's not very often we do shows in the daytime and I fucking wish we'd done before, I can see you all now. And we've got some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!
- The concept of Queen is to be regal and majestic. Glamour is part of us, and we want to be dandy.
- I like people to go away from a Queen show feeling fully entertained. I think Queen songs are pure escapism, like going to see a good film.
- In terms of love, you're not in control and I hate that feeling. I seem to write a lot of sad songs because I'm a
- I'm possessed by love--but isn't everybody? Most of my songs are love ballads and things to do with sadness and
- I fall in love far too quickly and end up getting hurt all the time. I've got scars all over. But I can't help myself because basically I'm a softie I have this hard, macho shell ~which I project on stage but there's a much softer side. too, which melts like butter.
- I can't win. Love is Russian roulette for me. No one loves the real me inside. they're all in love with my fame, my stardom.
- All my lovers asked me why they couldn't replace Mary (Austin) but it's simply impossible. The only friend I've got is Mary and I don't want anybody else. To me, she was my common-law wife. To me, it was a marriage. We believe in each other, that's enough for me. I couldn't fall in love with a man the same way as I have with Mary.
- Montserrat Cabelle is sensational. She has that same kind of emotion as Aretha Franklin. The way she delivers a song is so very natural. It's a very different gift.
- Jimi Hendrix is very important. He's my idol. He sort of epitomizes, from his presentation on stage, the whole works of a rock star. There's no way you can compare him. You either have the magic or you don't. There's no way you can work up to it. There's nobody who can take his place.
- Liza, in terms of sheer talent, just oozes with it. She has sheer energy and stamina, which she gets across the stage, and the way she delivers herself to the public is a good influence. There is a lot to learn from her
- I havent felt the excitement of listening to as well as creating music along with reading and writing for too many years now. I feel guilty beyond words about these things. For example, when we're backstage and the lights go out and the manic roar of the crowds begins, it doesn't affect me the way in which it did for Freddy Mercury who seemed to love, relish in the love and adoration from the crowd, which is something I totally admire and envy.
- If I didn't have Freddie Mercury's lyrics to hold on to as a kid, I don't know where I would be. It taught me about all forms of music. It would open my mind. I never really had a bigger teacher in my whole life.
- The difference between Freddie and almost all the other rock stars was that he was selling the voice.
- Following the enormous conjecture in the press over the last two weeks, I wish to confirm that I have been tested HIV positive and have AIDS. I felt it correct to keep this information private to date to protect the privacy of those around me. However, the time has come now for my friends and fans around the world to know the truth and I hope that everyone will join with my doctors and all those worldwide in the fight against this terrible disease. My privacy has always been very special to me and I am famous for my lack of interviews. Please understand this policy will continue.
- 'The way I look at myself if I ever do is is that I'm a man of extremes. I have a very soft side and a very hard side, and there's no half measures with me .'
- 'I am loved by thousands, but I feel like the loneliest man in the world.'
- 'An interview? Oh, don't be ridiculous.'
- 'I thought we would be huge - and we were.'
- 'I'm as gay as a daffodil, darling.'
- 'I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear!'
- 'Money can't buy happiness, but it can damn well give it!'
- 'The bigger, the better - in everything.'
- 'I never carry money, just like the real Queen. If I fancy something in a shop I always ask someone on our staff to buy it.'
- 'I've made no effort to become a guitar hero because I can't play the fucking guitar!'
- 'I don't like the way my teeth protrude. I'm going to have them done, but I just haven't had the time. Apart from that... I'm perfect.'
- 'Hi, my name is Kim Basinger... ummm, Freddie Mercury.'
- 'We're gonna stay together until we fucking well die, I'm sure we will. I keep wanting to leave, but they won't let me!'
- 'We all have constant rows. We're like four cocks fighting. Ooh it's getting interesting this.'
- 'Does it mean this, does it mean that, that's all anybody wants to know. Fuck them, darling. I say what any decent poet would say if you dared ask him to analyse his work: If you see it, dear, then it's there.'
- 'I enjoy being a bitch. I enjoy being surrounded by bitches. Boredom is the biggest disease in the world, darling. Sometimes I think there must be more to life than rushing round the world like a mad thing getting bored.'
- 'I'm a very emotional person, a person of real extremes, and that's often destructive both to myself and others.'
- 'Fuck today, it's tomorrow.'
- 'I've stopped all that promiscuous lifestyle. I've stopped having sex and started growing tulips.'
- 'You're the last person I'm talking to, so you'll probably get the best interview, darling. I don't want to change the world. For me, happiness is the most important thing and if I'm happy then it shows in my work. In the end, all the mistakes and all the excuses are down to me. I like to feel that I'm just being my honest self and as far as I'm concerned I just want to pack in as much of life and fun, having a good time as much as I can within in the years I have. Well there you are, you have it on tape. Use it. Well that's the nearest I've come to a lot of passion in terms of interviews. How much more have you got? Come on, I'm getting bored.'
- 'I never thought of myself as the leader. The most important person, perhaps.'
- 'The reason we're so successful is my overall charisma, of course.'
- 'May you all have champagne for breakfast.'
- 'If it's planned, it's boring'
- 'I'm just me, you know, just me. I'm very disorganised at times, I'm organised at times and... I'm just me.'
- 'I live life to the full, everyday is Fasching for me' (German Carnival)
- 'I've got a few good friends, a big house and I can go wherever I want whenever I want... but the more money you make the more miserable you get. It just so happens that I have a lot of money.'
- 'Fuck them darling, if they just don't get it!'
- 'Why kill the goose that laid the golden egg?'
- 'I'm not afraid to speak out, and say things that I want to do, or do the things that I want to do, so um, I think in the end, being natural, and being, being actually genuine is what wins.'
- 'If I didn't do this, I, I don't have anything to do, you know. I can't cook, I'm not very good at being a housewife.'
- 'As long as the music is still there, and as long as the people are still buying the music, then, then it's OK. When they stop stop buying our records, then I'll say goodbye and do something else, become a strip artist or something.'
- 'If I had to do it again, yes, why not, why not. I'd do it slightly differently.'
- 'Four old ladies are still rockin' away.'
- 'I hate doing the same things over again, I like to see what's happening now and try and sort of incorporate all those forms into Queen.'
- 'Most of what I like, is for the audience to really feel like they're really there, virtually part of the show.'
- 'From Queen, thank you very much. Sayonara...'
- 'The one Brian did, the George Formby, uh, God what's it called, um... You know the George Formby ukulele number on A Night At The Opera? God I've forgotten the name, um, uh...oh dear. Anyway..it's the, guah, what's it called! A Night At The Opera....ah, I'll think about it in a minute!' (the song Freddie forgot about was Good Company)
- 'This next song is only dedicated to the beautiful people here tonight. That means all of you. Thank you for coming along and making this a great occasion.' -Live Aid, 1985
- 'Okay, what should we do for you now? Let me see. Would you like something a bit softer, something quiet, or something heavier?' -Earls Court, 1977
- 'This is my champagne time, cheers everybody. I was going to make a nice long speech, but forget it. Have champagne for breakfast tomorrow, just go out and buy it' -Earls Court, 1977
- 'I need my fucking water, I don't care!' -Live At Wembley Stadium, 1986
- 'Thanks, thank you my darlings, you load of tarts, thank you. I think it's really interesting doing those acoustic things, don't you think? I think in the future, we might really think about introducing some more. So Brian's going to have to go and write some, because I can't.' -Earls Court, 1977
- ' OK, are you ready to rock? Are you ready to roll with us! OK, let's do it!' - 'Live Killers' album, 1979
- 'Good evening all you rock'n'rollers!' -Earls Court, 1977
- 'I really do feel like being evil tonight.' -Earl's Court, 1977
- 'There's been a lot of rumors lately, about this certain band called Queen...and the rumors are we're gonna split up, what do you think? They're talking from here (he points to his rear end). My apologies, but I'll say what I want, you know what I mean? So forget those rumours, we're going to stay together until we fucking well die so...I keep, I must tell you, I keep wanting to leave, but they won't let me... Also I suppose we are not, we are not bad for four aging Queens, are we? What do you think?... This is a new song, Who Wants To Live Forever...' -Live At Wembley Stadium, 1986
- 'We want you all to have a really good time, it's like a Queen carnival, so enjoy yourself' -Quote to TV audience before rock in rio.
- 'The British music press has taken a beating the last couple of nights from us (...) but they're fucking wankers, they eat shit in the bath.' -London, 1978
- 'Thank you, God bless you, sweet dreams!' -'Live Magic' album, 1986
- 'Hello again, my beauties!...Is it happening? Is everybody okay? Wanna fool around?' -Live at Wembley Stadium, 1986
- 'This shitty guitar never plays the chords I want it to play. It only knows three chords, but let's see what happens. This is for all you lovely, crazy people out there.' - Queen: Live At Wembley Stadium 1986 (intro to 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love')
- 'About ten years ago, I knew three chords on the guitar. Now, in 1982, I know three chords on the guitar.' - Queen on Fire: Live At The Bowl, Milton Keynes 1982 (intro to 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love')
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On November 24th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net