friedrich holderlin Quotes
Friedrich Holderlin QuotesBirth Date: 1770-03-20 (Tuesday, March 20th, 1770)
Date of Death: 1843-06-06 (Tuesday, June 6th, 1843)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- You seek life, and a godly fire Gushes and gleams for you out of the earth, As, with shuddering long, you Hurl yourself down to the flames of the Etna. So by a queen's wanton whim Peals were dissolved in wine- heed her not! What folly, poet, to cast your riches Into that bright and bubbling cup! Yet still are you holy to me, as the might of the earth That bore you away, audaciously perishing! And I would follow the hero into the depths Did love not hold me.
- The earth with yellow pears And overgrown with roses wild Upon the pond is bent, And swans divine, With kisses drunk You drop your heads In the sublimely sobering water. But where, with winter come, am I To find, alas, the floweres, and where The sunshine And the shadow of the world? Cold the walls stand And the wordless, in the wind The weathercocks are rattling.
- We were eager to have done and trusted to luck.
- Now we were standing close to the summit's rim, gazing out into the endless East.
- What is all that men have done and thought over thousands of years, compared with one moment of love.
- What is the wisdom of a book compared with the wisdom of an angel?
- I call on Fate to give me back my soul.
- This name is fake. I was never called Holderlin, but Scardanelli!
- Like a poet man lives.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On March 20th||Who Also Died On June 6th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net