- I have made it a team rule that my players behave as gentlemen and dress as gentlemen. I wanted to end the popular conception that professional athletes were a bunch of roughnecks.
- If you live long enough, lots of nice things happen.
- Many people flounder about in life because they have no purpose. Before it is possible to achieve anything, an objective must be set.
- Nothing is work unless you'd rather be doing something else.
- San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. When they boo you, you know they mean you. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.