harry reid Quotes
Harry Reid QuotesBirth Date: 1939-12-02 (Saturday, December 2nd, 1939)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- President Bush is a liar. He betrayed Nevada and he betrayed the country... All Americans should be concerned, not just because he lied to me or the people of Nevada and indeed all Americans, but because the President's decision threatens Americans' lives.
- The man's father is a wonderful human being. I think this guy is a loser.
- RS: You've called Bush a loser. Reid: And a liar. RS: You've apologized for the loser comment. Reid: But never for the liar, have I?
- The Republicans should not pick this fight. I've been in more boxing rings then all of them combined. And when you throw a punch at me, you end up on the mat.
- [F]or more than three years this Congress, which has been given the name 'The Do-Nothing Congress,' has turned a blind eye to the intractable war in Iraq, ignoring the Administration's many mistakes, allowing it to stay a failed course. Here we are with six days left in the 109th Congress, and the Republicans, which control the House and the Senate and the White House, have not held one hearing, not one, into the President's wartime failures.
- Alberto Gonzales was never the right man for this job. He lacked independence, he lacked judgment, and he lacked the spine to say no to Karl Rove. This resignation is not the end of the story. Congress must get to the bottom of this mess and follow the facts where they lead, into the White House.
- President Bush would leave the Supreme Court looking less like America and more like an old boys club.
- They have repeatedly chosen to protect the Republican administration rather than get to the bottom of what happened and why. I demand on behalf of the America people that we understand why these investigations aren't being conducted.
- The Libby indictment provides a window into what this is really about: how the administration manufactured and manipulated intelligence in order to sell the war in Iraq and attempted to destroy those who dared to challenge its actions.
- Obviously we know now their nuclear claims were wholly inaccurate. But more troubling is the fact that a lot of intelligence experts were telling the Administration then that its claims about Saddam's nuclear capabilities were false.
- I was born and raised in the high desert of Nevada in a tiny town called Searchlight. My dad was a hard rock miner. My mom took in wash. I grew up around people of strong values - even if they rarely talked about them.
- I'm not a big Greenspan fan. I voted against him two times. I think he's one of the biggest political hacks we have in Washington.
- Instead of talking about ways to save Social Security, Republicans are talking about a plan that will destroy it.
- It's time that America's government lived by the same values as America's families. It's time we invested in America's future and made sure our people have the skills to compete and thrive in a 21st century economy. That's what Democrats believe.
- Now that our troops are mired in a dangerous effort to defeat the insurgency and are also trying to help rebuild the country, Americans of all political persuasions simply want the United States to succeed and our troops to be as safe as possible.
- So the next thing I assume I'll be hearing from Republicans, they want to change rules some way, as they do on the House when you get a problem with ethics, they just change the rules.
- Social Security is not in crisis. It's a crisis the president's created, period.
- The American people do not like privatization. They are afraid of the debt the president's willing to do. And they don't like benefit cuts. And everyone here should understand all 45 Senate Democrats are united. We are not going to let this happen.
- The President is off to a bad start. He owes the American people honest answers on whether he wants to reform Social Security or privatize it.
- There's a lot we can do to improve American's retirement security, but it's wrong to replace the guaranteed benefit that Americans have earned with a guaranteed benefit cut of forty percent or more.
- This 21st century economy holds great promise for our people. But unless we give all Americans the skills they need to succeed, countries like India and China will take good-paying jobs that should be ours.
- It's racist.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On December 2nd||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net