- I can feel a something pounding in my brain Just any time that someone speaks your name Trumpets sound and I hear thunder boom Every time that you walk in the room.
- Another day goes by Still the children cry Put a little love in your heart.
- If you want the world to know We won't let hatred grow Put a little love in your heart.
- There can be a new tomorrow There can be a brighter day There can be a new tomorrow Love will find a way
- Her hair is Harlow gold Her lips a sweet surprise Her hands are never cold She's got Bette Davis eyes
- She'll turn her music on you You won't have to think twice She's pure as New York snow She's got Bette Davis eyes
- Most of the time I sit down with my guitar or at the piano, and I play for awhile until I get a new riff or groove that I like a lot. Then I'll concentrate on building around that line of thought by adding words and textures. At first I'm only trying to please myself, and hopefully what I like will appeal to others.
- I've always been careful to put out the very best work I can. One of the things I value the most is the love and faith that people have given me over the years, so I try to live up to their expectations and my own standards of what I'm capable of.
- When I was writing songs or performing or producing or dabbling in movies or even putting my career on hold to go to art school, I was just following my muse. A woman who did that then was criticized for having no direction. Today they call it versatility.
- What the world needs now is love, sweet love, It's the only thing that there's just too little of. What the world needs now is love, sweet love, No not just for some but for everyone.