james shirley Quotes
James Shirley QuotesDate of Death: 1666-10-29 (Friday, October 29th, 1666)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Devouring Famine, Plague, and War, Each able to undo mankind, Death's servile emissaries are; Nor to these alone confined, He hath at will More quaint and subtle ways to kill; A smile or kiss, as he will use the art, Shall have the cunning skill to break a heart.
- Death calls ye to the crowd of common men.
- The honour is overpaid, When he that did the act is commentator.
- The glories of our blood and state Are shadows, not substantial things; There is no armour against fate; Death lays his icy hand on kings: Sceptre and Crown Must tumble down, And in the dust be equal made With the poor crooked scythe and spade.
- Only the actions of the just Smell sweet and blossom in the dust.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On October 29th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net