john betjeman Quotes
John Betjeman QuotesBirth Date: 1906-08-28 (Tuesday, August 28th, 1906)
Date of Death: 1984-05-19 (Saturday, May 19th, 1984)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Come, friendly bombs, and fall on Slough! It isn't fit for humans now, There isn't grass to graze a cow. Swarm over, Death!
- He sipped at a weak hock and seltzer As he gazed at the London skies Through the Nottingham lace of the curtains Or was it his bees-winged eyes?
- Gracious Lord, oh bomb the Germans. Spare their women for Thy Sake, And if that is not too easy, We will pardon Thy Mistake. But, gracious Lord, whate'er shall be, Don't let anyone bomb me.
- He would have liked to say goodbye, Shake hands with many friends. In Highgate now his finger-bones Stick through his finger-ends. You, God, who treat him thus and thus, Say, 'Save his soul and pray.' You ask me to believe You and I only see decay.
- Miss J. Hunter Dunn, Miss J. Hunter Dunn, Furnish'd and burnish'd by Aldershot sun, What strenuous singles we played after tea, We in the tournament - you against me!
- We sat in the car park till twenty to one And now I'm engaged to Miss Joan Hunter Dunn.
- Stony seaboard, far and foreign, Stony hills poured over space, Stony outcrop of the Burren, Stones in every fertile place
- No hope. And the X-ray photographs under his arm Confirm the message. His wife stands timidly by. The opposite brick-built house looks lofty and calm, Its chimneys steady against the mackerel sky.
- And behind their frail partitions Business women lie and soak, Seeing through the draughty skylight Flying clouds and railway smoke. Rest you there, poor unbelov'd ones, Lap your loneliness in heat, All too soon the tiny breakfast, Trolley-bus and windy street!
- In the licorice fields at Pontefract My love and I did meet And many a burdened licorice bush Was blooming round our feet; Red hair she had and golden skin, Her sulky lips were shaped for sin, Her sturdy legs were flannel-slack'd The strongest legs in Pontefract.
- It's strange that those we miss the most Are those we take for granted.
- I am a young executive. No cuffs than mine are cleaner; I have a Slimline brief-case and I use the firm's Cortina.
- Ghastly Good Taste, or a Depressing Story of the Rise and Fall of English Architecture.
- Yes, I haven't had enough sex.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On August 28th||Who Also Died On May 19th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net