john dowland Quotes
John Dowland QuotesDate of Death: 1626-02-20 (Friday, February 20th, 1626)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- True love cannot be changed, Though delight from desert Be estranged. Farewell, farewell But yet or ere I part (O cruel), Kiss me sweet, kiss me sweet my jewel.
- Come again: sweet love doth now invite, Thy graces that refrain, To do me due delight, To see, to hear, to touch, to kiss, to die, With thee again in sweetest sympathy.
- Flow my tears, fall from your springs, Exil'd for ever: let me mourn Where night's black bird her sad infamy sings, There let me live forlorn.
- Hark you shadows that in darkness dwell, Learn to contemn light, Happy, happy they that in hell Feel not the world's despite.
- Semper Dowland semper dolens.
- He was the rarest musician that his age did behold; having travelled beyond the seas, and compounded English with foreign skill in that faculty.
- My favourite musician happens to be the same as Shakespeare's: John Dowland. His songs are sorrowful but heal the soul by their sweetness and courage.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On February 20th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net