john marston Quotes
John Marston QuotesBirth Date: 1576-10-07 (Thursday, October 7th, 1576)
Date of Death: 1634-06-25 (Sunday, June 25th, 1634)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
john marston life timeline
|The controversial play Eastward Hoe by Ben Jonson, George Chapman, and John Marston is performed, landing two of the authors in prison.||Thursday, January 13th, 1605|
- Foul canker of fair virtuous action, Vile blaster of the freshest blooms on earth, Envys abhorred child, Detraction, I here expose, to thy all-tainting breath, The issue of my brain: snarl, rail, bark, bite, Know that my spirit scorns Detraction's spite.
- Who winks and shuts his apprehension up.
- For see, the dapple-grey coursers of the morn Beat up the light with their bright silver hoofs, And chase it through the sky.
- Sing of the nature of women, and then the song shall be surely full of variety; old crotchets and most sweet closes. It shall be humorous, grave, fantastic, amorous, melancholy, sprightly, one in all, and all in one.
- Speak, speak, let terror strike slaves mute, Much danger makes great hearts most resolute.
- Marston is a writer of great merit, who rose to tragedy from the ground of comedy, and whose forte was not sympathy, either with the stronger or softer emotions, but an impatient scorn and bitter indignation against the vices and follies of men, which vented itself either in comic irony or in lofty invective. He was properly a satirist.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On October 7th||Who Also Died On June 25th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net