jon postel Quotes
Jon Postel QuotesBirth Date: 1943-08-06 (Friday, August 6th, 1943)
Date of Death: 1998-10-16 (Friday, October 16th, 1998)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- A name indicates what we seek. An address indicates where it is. A route indicates how we get there.
- In general, an implementation must be conservative in its sending behavior, and liberal in its receiving behavior.
- TCP implementations will follow a general principle of robustness: be conservative in what you do, be liberal in what you accept from others.
- I think they called me the closest thing to a God of the Internet. But at the end, that article wasn't very complimentary, because the author suggested that I wasn't doing a very good job, and that I ought to be replaced by a 'professional.' Of course, there isn't any 'God of the Internet.' The Internet works because a lot of people cooperate to do things together.
- Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send.
- He worked quietly for years as keeper of the RFCs and final arbiter in technical matters when consensus couldn't be reached. Postel believed that decisions he had made in the course of his work over the years had been for the good of the community and that starting a company to profit from those activities would have amounted to a violation of public trust.
- God, at least in the West, is often represented as a man with a flowing beard and sandals... if the Net does have a god, he is probably Jon Postel, a man who matches that description to a T. Mr. Postel's claim to cyber-divinity, besides his appearance, is that he is the chairman and, in effect, the sole member of the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority, the organization that coordinates almost all Internet addresses.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On August 6th||Who Also Died On October 16th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net