joseph stalin Quotes
Joseph Stalin QuotesBirth Date: 1926-02-28 (Sunday, February 28th, 1926)
Date of Death: 1937-05-13 (Thursday, May 13th, 1937)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
joseph stalin life timeline
|Joseph Stalin enters the provisional government of the USSR.||Friday, November 9th, 1917|
|Joseph Stalin becomes the first General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.||Monday, April 3rd, 1922|
|Great Purge: The Soviet Union executes eight army leaders under Joseph Stalin.||Friday, June 11th, 1937|
|The Nazi-Soviet Pact is signed between Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin.||Thursday, August 24th, 1939|
|Soviet leader Joseph Stalin consolidates the Commissariats of Home Affairs and National Security to form the NKVD and names Lavrenti Beria its chief.||Sunday, July 20th, 1941|
|World War II: Soviet leader Joseph Stalin addresses the Soviet Union for only the second time during his three-decade rule. He states that even though 350,000 troops were killed in German attacks so far, the Germans had lost 4.5 million soldiers and that Soviet victory was near.||Thursday, November 6th, 1941|
|World War II: USSR leader Joseph Stalin issues Order No. 227 in response to alarming German advances into Russia. Under the order all those who retreat or otherwise leave their positions without orders to do so will be immediately killed.||Tuesday, July 28th, 1942|
|Joseph Stalin dissolves the Comintern (or Third International).||Saturday, May 15th, 1943|
|Joseph Stalin suffers a stroke and collapses. He dies four days later.||Sunday, March 1st, 1953|
|Georgy Maksimilianovich Malenkov succeeds Joseph Stalin as Premier and First Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.||Friday, March 6th, 1953|
|Because of "violations of Lenin s precepts", it is decreed that Joseph Stalin s body be removed from its place of honour inside Lenin s tomb and buried near the Kremlin wall with a plain granite marker instead.||Monday, October 30th, 1961|
|Joseph Stalin s daughter Svetlana Alliluyeva defects to the United States.||Thursday, March 9th, 1967|
- We think that powerful and lifeful movement is impossible without differences - 'true conformity' is possible only in the cemetery.
- If any foreign minister begins to defend to the death a 'peace conference,' you can be sure his government has already placed its orders for new battleships and aeroplanes.
- A sincere diplomat is like dry water or wooden iron.
- The press must grow day in and day out - it is our Party's sharpest and most powerful weapon.
- We disagreed with Zinoviev and Kamenev because we knew that the policy of amputation was fraught with great dangers for the Party, that the method of amputation, the method of blood-letting - and they demanded blood - was dangerous, infectious: today you amputate one limb, tomorrow another, the day after tomorrow a third - what will we have left in the Party?
- What would happen if capital succeeded in smashing the Republic of Soviets? There would set in an era of the blackest reaction in all the capitalist and colonial countries, the working class and the oppressed peoples would be seized by the throat, the positions of international communism would be lost.
- If the opposition disarms, all is well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves.
- We do not want a single foot of foreign territory; but of our territory we shall not surrender a single inch to anyone.
- Anti-Semitism, as an extreme form of racial chauvinism, is the most dangerous vestige of cannibalism.
- We are fifty or a hundred years behind the advanced countries. We must make good this distance in ten years. Either we do it, or they will crush us.
- The writer is the engineer of the human soul.
- Cadres decide everything!
- Life has improved, comrades. Life has become more joyous.
- Mankind is divided into rich and poor, into property owners and exploited; and to abstract oneself from this fundamental division; and from the antagonism between poor and rich means abstracting oneself from fundamental facts.
- Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed.
- History shows that there are no invincible armies and that there never have been.
- Ours is a just cause; victory will be ours!
- Hitlers come and go, but Germany and the German people remain.
- This leads to the conclusion, it is time to finish retreating. Not one step back! Such should now be our main slogan. ... Henceforth the solid law of discipline for each commander, Red Army soldier, and commissar should be the requirement - not a single step back without order from higher command.
- This war is not as in the past; whoever occupies a territory also imposes on it his own social system. Everyone imposes his own system as far as his army can reach. It cannot be otherwise. If now there is no a communist government in Paris, cause of this is Russia has no an army which can reach to Paris in 1945.
- Those who cast the Votes, they decide nothing. Those who count the votes, they decide everything.
- Gratitude is a sickness suffered by dogs.
- The Pope! How many divisions has he got?
- So the bastard's dead! Too bad we didn't capture him alive!
- In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than advance.
- Beat, beat and beat again!
- Tsar Alexander reached Paris
- I know that after my death a pile of rubbish will be heaped on my grave, but the wind of History will sooner or later sweep it away without mercy.
- The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic.
- A Lieutenant is not worth a General!
- When I am gone, the capitalists will drown you like blind kittens.
- Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?
- What shall we do? We shall envy!
- Quantity is quality
- When we hang the capitalists they will sell us the rope.
- You cannot make a revolution with silk gloves.
- He Can't even do that right.
- I do not change the soldier for the marshal.
- I have no son named Yakov
- Then devil is with us, and together we will win.
- For some people, four walls are three too many.
- Death solves all problems - no man, no problem.
- Stalin was a guy like we are, not only that he considered himself a revolutionary and lived like one, but he was a character in the truest sense of the word.
- Apparently, father was a Georgian when he was younger.
- He had found Russia working with wooden ploughs and leaving it equipped with atomic piles.
- The House has noticed the Prime Minister's remarkable transformation in the past few weeks, from Stalin to Mr Bean.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On February 28th||Who Also Died On May 13th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net