mariah carey Quotes
Mariah Carey QuotesBirth Date: 1970-03-27 (Friday, March 27th, 1970)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- 'Everyone's a diva these days.'
- 'Forget the image, forget the ensemble, forget the rumours, forget the short skirts, the big hair, whatever! I owe this to the fans and I will never forget you so I want to accept this award on behalf of all of you.'
- 'How are you, daaarrrling?!'
- 'There is a light at the end of the tunnel... hopefully its not a freight train!'
- 'It was definitely a great way to spend a Wednesday night'
- 'I feel that, because of technology, certain artists are disposable and it's a producer's world in a lot of ways. Protocols might as well be on the cover of most people's albums today.'
- 'She's an actress, you know, while I've been doing this my whole life. Singing is first and foremost. Her thing is something different. She has nothing to do with competing with me.
- I'm a singer and I write my own songs, I don't know about anyone else, and if someone happens to have the same hairstyle as me... that's not my problem.'
- 'What made you think I did that? It's called a push-up bra. It costs $14.'
- 'I think she's fabulous and hilarious. I didn't hear it, but when they asked me about it outside I just started to laugh. I said I suppose it must have been the best boob job in the world if I didn't even remember it. I'm going to send her one of my push-up bras so she can have it too.'
- 'Dear Sharon, THESE are the best boob jobs in Hollywood. Love, Mariah.'
- 'I can still count on one hand the number of men I've slept with [March 2006].'
- ''They' all said I'd had a nervous breakdown, but people don't recover from nervous breakdowns three days later!'
- 'If 'they' counted me out, then they just have to count me back in.'
- 'Because I'm not beaming with a radiant smile every two minutes, then I'm lonely and waiting for my hero? Well, guess what? I'm not waiting for my hero. I'm my own hero. That's my job.'
- 'Music is what I love and it's what I feel and it's in me and to know that I can do something that I enjoy and hopefully bring some enjoyment to other people through what I do is an incredible felling and I am just really thankful for it.'
- 'Then Joan Rivers, at the Oscars, said, 'Let me see, Mariah. Everyone says you gained weight.' You know what's really sick about that? The message we're sending to kids.'
- 'I always felt like the rug could be pulled out from under me at anytime. And coming from a racially mixed background, I always felt like I didn't really fit in anywhere.'
- 'I don't mind being compared to Whitney [Houston], there are people miles worse to be compared to.'
- 'I nearly didn't get here because there wasn't a red carpet for me.'
- 'A lot of people are singing about how screwed up the world is, and I don't think that everybody wants to hear about that all the time.'
- 'Butterflies are always following me, everywhere I go.'
- 'I don't think anyone knows as much about what's right for me as I do.'
- I hope to be around past the 90's. I don't want to just be categorized as one of this era. My goal is to have a career that stands.
- 'I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is 'divadom,' it really is.'
- 'I prayed very hard for this to happen and it happened. I don't even think about what I've achieved, I haven't focused on it and I wish I had, because I really want to enjoy it, and I don't know if I am enjoying it, because I am going through my life like a bulldozer. I still haven't marvelled at it.'
- 'I'm not one of those people that goes into details of my personal life on national TV to get attention. Some things are better left unsaid.'
- 'I'm really fortunate. I'm really happy, and I'm really really lucky to be where I am.'
- 'If critics have problems with my personal life, it's their problem. Anybody with half a brain would realize that it's the charts that count.'
- 'If you see me as just the princess, then you misunderstand who I am and what I have been through.'
- 'In this world, I call the shots and I think I know best.'
- 'It's hard to be someone that people talk about and write about, you know? They don't know me.'
- 'My heart has never been broken, I've never broken anyone else's.'
- 'This is for all of you out there tonight, reaching for a dream - don't ever give up! Never ever listen to anyone, when they try to discourage you, because they do that, believe me!'
- 'You really have to look inside yourself and find your own inner strength, and say, 'I'm proud of what I am and who I am, and I'm just going to be myself.'
- 'I may believe in Santa, but I'm not delusional.'
- Whenever I watch TV and see those poor, starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean, I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff.
- You look at me and see the girl, who lives inside the golden world, but don't believe, that's all there is to see, you'll never know the real me.
- It seems as though I've always been, somebody outside looking in, well, here I am for all of them to bleed, but they can't take my heart from me, and they can't bring me to my knees, they'll never know the real me.
- When you love someone so deeply they become your life, it's easy to succumb to overwhelming fears inside, blindly I imagined I could keep you under glass, now I understand to hold you I must open my hands, and watch you rise.
- So many I considered, closest to me, turned on a dime and sold me out dutifully, although that knife was chipping away at me, they turned their eyes away and went home to sleep.
- I can make it through the rain, I can stand up once again, on my own, and I know, that I'm strong enough to mend, and every time I feel afraid I hold tighter to my faith, and I live one more day and I make it through the rain.
- Who's gonna love you when it all falls down? Who's gonna love you when your bankroll runs out? Who's gonna care when the novelty's over? When the star of the show isn't you anymore. Nobody cares when the tears of a clown fall down (I guess your mama never told you what goes around comes back around).
- Please be at peace father, I'm at peace with you, bitterness isn't worth clinging to, after all the anguish we've all been through.
- Father, thanks for reaching out and lovingly, saying that you've always been proud of me, I needed to feel that so desperately, you're always alive inside of me.
- See, I'm looking for a man that'll rub me slow, make me sing real high when he goes down low.
- They can say anything they want to say
- I love Mariah Carey. Mariah Carey's music saved little ghetto children's lives. Songs like 'Vision of Love' gave us hope and we would sing those songs and try to hit every note like Mariah -- which we can't. I don't think she knows what a big part she plays in Mary J. Blige's life. And then to meet her:.she's such a beautiful person that you can't do anything but defend her when [the media] starts acting stupid on her. She doesn't deserve that.
- Mariah has an amazing gift from God that has no color, no boundaries and no limitations. You hear the passion and the honesty within her music
- No one would have believed that Mariah Carey could come full circle. Except Mariah.
- When others would have quit, overcome by the negativity, she soldiered on - a phoenix rising from the ashes.
- She has the voice of an angel.
- After I first heard 'Vision [of Love]' (Carey's debut single) I first started doing runs [singing harmonic variations on scales]
- When I discovered Mariah Carey and 'Vision of Love,' that was a breath of fresh air. And I adored her from that moment on and idolized her. It's really amazing that in articles I've been compared to her.
- I discovered Mariah in my room one day listening to the radio, and as soon as 'Vision of Love' came on, I ran downstairs going, 'Mommy, mommy - I just found the greatest person in the world! I just heard the greatest new voice!'.
- Mariah Carey... she is a huge influence on me. I mean, she's amazing.
- I love her, she's such a nice person! I had an opportunity to meet her for the first time at the Z100 concert. Randy [Jackson] was like 'Mariah's here, would you like to meet her?' I said no, I don't wanna meet her! I'm gonna be an idiot in front of her. In my mind, I was saying, 'I'm gonna throw up, I'm gonna throw up!' but the words came out of my mouth. Mariah was laughing at me. It so was funny!
- Sorry, but when you sing songs that the great Mariah Carey sings, you run the hugest risk of being compared to icons. And right now, there's no one hotter than Mariah Carey and we're constantly reminded of how brilliant her voice is. It's a big, big, huge risk to take on a song like that.
- My theory is that Mariah Carey can sing anything. You hear that expression, 'She can sing the phone book'. If you can really sing, you should be able to sing anything. That's [what] the whole competition [is about].
- Mariah Carey has also covered it... and about bloody time! It took 21 years for someone to do a proper cover of one of our songs.
- I remember the moment I first heard Vision of Love. Then I saw this white girl with a black voice on television, and everything about her bowled me over. You could relate to her and yet she was a magical icon, and throughout my school days all I dreamed of was being like Mariah Carey. She sang with a gospel choir around her, which was always my dream. I just wanted to be her.
- Her friendship is very important to me. And it has provided me with some of my fondest memories and experiences of being in the music industry. It's just great that she is such a down to earth person who just happens to be a little more famous than most of my other friends.
- My first impression of Mariah was that she was an incredible singer, very funny (she's always cracking jokes) and just a very nice person to be around.... after 5 years I still feel the same way. I really enjoy being a part of her team. Normally when I work with a new artist I'm not necessarily a 'fan', but there's no question Mariah is a truly great singer, so in this case, yes I was (and am) a fan.
- I'd heard a lot of good and bad things about [Mariah] and was pleasantly surprised by her professionalism and her niceness. She's a lovely lady and a really good actress as well.
- Mariah was really nice to work with. You hear lots of rumours about Mariah, that she's very egotistical and other bad stories but I have to say that they're untrue. We had a lot of fun with Mariah and we found her a very down to earth person.
- She's brilliant in the studio; I don't think I've heard anyone talk so knowledgeably about the music industry like her. She's very intelligent and very funny - it was a great honour to work with her
- We hit it off real well. Every time we get together she is open and she really trusts me. The ingredients are good and there is a chemistry there that you can hear through the music. I can't give her advice on her pop stuff but she will seek it for dance stuff. You know she rarely ever works with a producer. She's a writer and producer in the Lauryn Hill category, she doesn't come into the studio with a superstar attitude, the people around her may give you that impression, but we have a really good relationship.
- Mariah Carey
- List of people by name
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On March 27th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net