marie antoinette Quotes
Marie Antoinette QuotesBirth Date: 1778-12-19 (Saturday, December 19th, 1778)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
marie antoinette life timeline
|14-year old Marie Antoinette marries 15-year-old Louis-Auguste who later becomes king of France.||Wednesday, May 16th, 1770|
|Marie Antoinette, wife of Louis XVI is guillotined at the height of the French Revolution.||Wednesday, October 16th, 1793|
- It is quite certain that in seeing the people who treat us so well despite their own misfortune, we are more obliged than ever to work hard for their happiness. The king seems to understand this truth; as for myself, I know that in my whole life (even if I live for a hundred years) I shall never forget the day of the coronation.
- I put on my rouge and wash my hands in front of the whole world!
- A son would have belonged to the state, but you shall be mine, and have all my care; you shall share my happiness and soften my sorrows.
- Mon chou d'amour is charming, and I love him madly. He loves me very much too, in his own way, without embarrassment.
- Not only have I never commissioned you to make a jewel... but, what is more, I have told you repeatedly that I would never add so much as another carat to my present collection of diamonds. I refused to buy your necklace for myself; the king offered to buy it for me, and I refused it as a gift. Never mention it again.
- I'm fine, don't worry.
- The Church. The Church... we're next.
- If I have not replied it is because Nature itself refuses to respond to such a charge laid against a mother.
- There is nothing new except what has been forgotten.
- I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all.
- I was a queen, and you took away my crown; a wife, and you killed my husband; a mother, and you deprived me of my children. My blood alone remains: take it, but do not make me suffer long.
- Courage! I have shown it for years; think you I shall lose it at the moment when my sufferings are to end?
- Monsieur, je vous demande pardon. Je ne l'ai pas fait expres..
- There are crosses for all shoulders.
- The Feast of All Souls, was the great Catholic Day of the Dead, when the departed were solemnly commemorated in a series of requiem Masses, in churches and chapels heavily draped in black. What this actually meant during the childhood of Marie Antoinette was that her birthday was generally celebrated on its eve, the Feast of All Saints, a day of white and gold.
- A woman more sinned against than sinning.
- Vive la Reine!
- I have promised [my readers] the head of Antoinette. I will go and cut if off myself if there is any delay in giving it to me.
- Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette have often been portrayed as weak and vacillating. Far from it; their policy between 1789 and 1792 was entirely consistent, and highly conservative. They were prepared to die for their beliefs, and ultimately did so.
- She no longer had any hope left in her heart or distinguished between life and death.
- Other people spent more on their gardens!
- Sorrow had blanched the Queen's once beautiful hair; but her features and air still commanded the admiration of all who beheld her; her cheeks, pale and emaciated, were occasionally tinged with a vivid colour at the mention of those she had lost. When led out to execution, she was dressed in white; she had cut off her hair with her own hands. Placed in a tumbrel, with her arms tied behind her, she was taken by a circuitous route to the Place de la Revolution, and she ascended the scaffold with a firm and dignified step, as if she had been about to take her place on a throne by the side of her husband.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On December 19th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net