matthew prior Quotes
Matthew Prior QuotesBirth Date: 1664-07-21 (Monday, July 21st, 1664)
Date of Death: 1721-09-18 (Thursday, September 18th, 1721)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Our hopes, like towering falcons, aim At objects in an airy height; The little pleasure of the game Is from afar to view the flight.
- The end must justify the means.
- Lays the rough paths of peevish Nature even, And opens in each heart a little heaven.
- Be to her virtues very kind; Be to her faults a little blind; Let all her ways be unconfined; And clap your padlock - on her mind!
- And thought the nation ne'er would thrive Till all the whores were burnt alive.
- He ranged his tropes, and preached up patience; Backed his opinion with quotations.
- Cured yesterday of my disease, I died last night of my physician.
- And often took leave, but was loth to depart.
- His noble negligences teach What others' toils despair to reach.
- Till their own dreams at length decive 'em, And oft repeating, they believe 'em.
- To John I owed great obligation; But John, unhappily, thought fit To publish it to all the nation: Sure John and I are more than quit.
- Venus, take my votive glass; Since I am not what I was, What from this day I shall be, Venus, let me never see.
- Nobles and heralds, by your leave, Here lies what once was Matthew Prior; The son of Adam and of Eve: Can Bourbon or Nassau claim higher?
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On July 21st||Who Also Died On September 18th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net